Receive notification when the product is back in stock
About the drug:
Abacavir Sulphate is an antiviral drug that prevents the human immunodeficiency virus or HIV from multiplying in your body. This medication is prescribed for the treatment of HIV which causes the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome or AIDS. Abacavir Sulphate is sold under various trade names, like Abamune (made by Cipla).This medicine may also be prescribed for treatments not mentioned here.
Uses of the drug:
This drug is approved for use in the treatment of HIV infections. The drug is only effective in preventing the multiplication of HIV. Abacavir Sulphate will not cure your body of HIV. You can still spread the virus to other people through infected blood (via needles, razors, toothbrush) or through unsafe sexual practices (ensure proper barrier contraception). You must take care about these things and employ proper measure so as not to spread the virus.
Working of the drug:
Abacavir Sulphate inhibits reverse transcriptase of HIV and prevents the proper transcription of the viral DNA. It inhibits the HIV reverse transcriptase enzyme competitively and act as a chain terminator of DNA synthesis. The chain elongation process is inhibited and finally the viral DNA growth is inhibited
Abamune 300 mg is manufactured by Cipla, India. You can buy Abamune 300 online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the tablet form in the following strength on our website:
- Abamune 300 mg tablet
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to this drug or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- Have narcolepsy
- have serious mental disease
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are pregnant, take all the medicine for HIV prescribed by the doctor, to prevent the spread of HIV to the unborn baby.
- Are breastfeeding or planning to breast feed. Do not breast feed if you are infected with HIV.
- Have blood pressure kidney problems
- Have serious liver problem
- Have serious heart complaint
How much to take the drug?
Abacavir Sulphate dosage may depend on a range of factors like age, sex, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Your dosage will be determined by your doctor after examining you properly. Remember to follow your doctor’s advice properly for best results. Always take the drug dose as prescribed by the doctor only. Never change the dosage, start, or stop using the drug without doctor’s permission. Always complete the dose.
How to take the drug?
- Swallow the tablet with one glass full of water. Do not break the tablet. Take the drug exactly as directed. Take Abacavir Sulphate with or without food, or as directed by your doctor. HIV is usually treated with a combination of drugs. Always take the prescribed drugs as directed by your doctor. Abacavir Sulphate comes with a warning card that lists the symptoms of allergic reactions. Read this card and carry if always with you. Store this medication in a cool and dry place. You can buy Abamune 300 online at alldaychemist.com.
- Take the tablet at the same time each day, so as to avoid forgetting the dose. This should become a habit for you to take the tablet until the doctor tells you to stop the drug.
For how long to take it?
This drug controls the multiplication of HIV but does not cure the problem. Take the drugs as long as your doctor recommends you to take it.
In case of an overdose of Abacavir Sulphate, get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor immediately.
In case you forget to take the dose, skip the dose and take the next dose on the recommended time period. Do not double up the dose for the missed one.
Side effects of the drug:
- Lactic acidosis has been observed in some people (especially overweight females and those with liver disease) who took Abacavir Sulphate. Initial symptoms of lactic acidosis may deteriorate over time and can prove fatal. Hence you must get medical attention right away on first signs of lactic acidosis such as muscle pain or weakness, numb or cold feeling in the limbs, breathing trouble, stomach pain, or nausea with vomiting.
- Abacavir Sulphate can also cause severe or life threatening damage to your liver. Seek medical attention right away if you have any of the following symptoms of liver damage: Severe pain in upper stomach which advances to the back, nausea and vomiting, fast heartbeats, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay colored stools, or jaundice.
- Some people may experience deterioration of a previous medical condition as their immune system recovers, or develop new conditions due to overactive immune system. Let your doctor known right away if you develop any new condition or any of you existing conditions worsen. Abacavir Sulphate may also increase the risk of bone loss.
- The side effects mentioned above are not the only ones that you may experience or witness due to Abacavir Sulphate. If you get any serious side effects due to this medication, contact your doctor right away.
Common drug interactions:
You must inform your doctor about all the medications which you may be taking. Never start a new medication without proper medical advice. Tell the doctor about all the prescription and non-prescription drugs including the herbal medications to the doctor before taking the drugs prescribed by him to avoid any kind of drug interaction. Ask your doctor to get the full list of the drugs needed to be avoided while taking the drug as they may interfere it and may cause adverse effects.
Things to remember:
- Do not get up quickly or suddenly from a sitting or lying position as doing so may make you feel dizzy and you might fall as well. Instead get up slowly
- Abacavir Sulphate may impact your thinking capabilities and reflexes. So, take extra care while indulging in activities that require a high degree of mental awareness and thinking such as driving
- Avoid alcohol as it can increase the likelihood of side effects of Abacavir Sulphate
- Do not share your medicine with anyone else
|US Brand Name||Ziagen|
|Generic Name||Abacavir Sulphate|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.