Receive notification when the product is back in stock
About the drug:
Azelastine is an antihistamine drug used to fight various eye infections. Azelastine is available under several trade names such as Azelast, among a host of several other brands.
Uses of the drug:
Azelastine HCL (Opthlamic) is an eye drop medication used for the treatment of itchy or watery eyes caused by allergies (hay fever). It is an antihistamine that reduces histamine (a naturally occuring chemical which produces symptoms of itchy or watery eyes) in the body. Azelastine HCL Opthalmic is sold as Optivar and Azelast (made by Sigma). This medication may also be used for conditions not mentioned above.
Working of the drug:
Azelastine works by three modes of action:
- Antihistamine effect
- Anti-inflammatory effect
- Mast-cell stabalising effect
Azelast eyedrops (5 ml) is manufactured by Sigma, India. You can buy Azelast-5 ml eyedrops online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the eyedrops form in the following strength on our website:
- Azelast eyedrops (5 ml)
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to this drug or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- Are pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or planning to breast feed
- Are wearing contact lenses, remove your lenses prior to application
- Are below five years of age
Tell your doctor if you:
Some other eye infection
How much to apply the drug?
You must use Azelastine HCL Opthalmic medication strictly as advised by your doctor. Not doing so may lead to worsening of your condition rendering the medication ineffective. Eye drops are easy to apply in your eyes. Ask for help if you are not able to adminster them yourself. Do not apply more than the required amount of medication in your eyes. Buy Azelast 5 ml online from alldaychemist.com.
How to apply the drug?
Apply Azelastine eye drops (Azelast) strictly as prescribed by your doctor. Never alter the dosage by any amount or use it for longer than prescribed period. All medications come with a patient leaflet that contains complete information about the drug. Read it carefully for more details.
Applying Azelastine eye drops is very simple. Do not wear contact lenses while using this medicine. If you are using other Opthalmic medication, wait at least 10 minutes before administering. Ensure a high level of hygiene while handling eye drops bottle and dropper. Do not touch the tip of the bottle or dropper as there is a high possibility of contamination. Use this medicine regularly as prescribed for best results. Always store Azelastine HCL eye drops in a cool and dark place, away from heat, moisture, children and pets.
For how long to use?
Take the drug as long as the doctor prescribes you to do. Do not stop taking the medicine without the doctor’s advice.
Seek medical attention in case you find you have used more of this medicine or if you find any kind of discomfort after taking this medicine like itching or burning sensation.
Don't miss even a single dose of Azelastine or any medication, especially antihistamines. However, if you miss a dose of Azelastine for any reasons, take it as soon as you remember. Don't take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Don't take two doses very close to each other to make up for the missed dose.
Side effects of the drug:
- Some common side effects of Azelastine HCL Opthalmic medications are mild burning, stinging, itching, irritation, or discomfort, runny nose, bitter taste, or headache. If any of these side effects persist or if you get a severe form of these conditions, get medical attention right away.
- The side effects above due to this medication are not all the possible ones that you may experience. There may be other reactions and side effects due to Azelastine HCL eye drops.
- Limit the use of this medicine to the prescribed period.
Common drug interactions:
It is unlikely that other drugs will affect the working of Azelastine HCL Opthalmic drops. However, there are several drugs which can interact with each other. Let your doctor know about all other medications which you may be using. You may use them depending on your doctor's advice. Always consult your doctor before starting a new medication and before stopping or altering the course of any existing one.
Things to remember:
- Do not take part in any activities that require proper and clear vision until you are sure you can perform such activities safely.
- Your vision may be temporarily blurred or unstable after administering Azelastine eye drops.
- Avoid or limit alcohol consumption while using this medicine
- Do not give this medicine to anyone else
- Don’t exceed the recommended dose
|US Brand Name||Optivar|
|Generic Name||Azelastine Hydrochloride|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.