About the drug:
The active ingredient of the drug is Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution. It is an eye care medication that is mainly used in patients with inadequate eye lashes.
Uses of the drug:
The medicine is used for purposes such as hypotrichosis of eye and glaucoma. The medicine may be utilized for any other purpose not mentioned above.
Working of the drug:
The medicine aids in making eye lashes more noticeable by increasing their growth and making them thicker, longer and darker.
The manufacturer of Careprost (With Brush) - 3 ml. (0.03%) is Sun Pharmaceutical Industries.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the tablet form in the following strength
- Careprost (With Brush) - 3 ml. (0.03%)
- Careprost - 3 ml. (0.03%)
Before you use this drug:
Do not use this drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug or to any other ingredients.
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have eye pressure problems such as glaucoma
- Other eye problems such as iritis, uveitis, macular edema, lens extraction/aphakia
- Develop any eye infection while using the medicine
- Are allergic to any medicine
- Are taking or using any other medicine
How much to use the drug?
The dosage of the medicine depends on several factors such as severity of condition, response to treatment, drug interaction and so on. Usually a drop of the medicine is use at a time every day. The dose may however vary on a case to case basis.
How to use the drug?
Use the medicine once daily preferable in the evening or as advised by your doctor. To apply the medicine you need to wash your hands first, remove contact leases and makeup, put a drop of the medicine on the applicator and immediately apply the medicine across the skin of the upper eyelid margin and also at the bottom of the eye lashes starting from inner part to the outer part of the lash line. After the medicine is applied remove any excess medicine that is applied beyond the eye lid margin. The medicine should not be applied on the lower lid. It may take at least 2 months before the full effect of the medicine can be seen.
For how long to use it?
The medicine is to be used for the entire prescribed period of time and should not be stopped in between as it may lead to adverse effect in the body.
An overdoes of the medicine will not lead to some serious side effects. However, if you feel there is a case of overdose of the medicine you may consult your doctor about it.
In case of missed dose you must apply the medicine as soon as you remember provided there is sufficient gap between two doses. Never double dose to compensate for the missed dose. Apply the medicine at the same each day so that chances of missing any dose can be minimized.
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the common side effects of the medicine include:
- Redness of eye
- Dryness of the eye
- Discomfort of the eye
- Redness of the eyelid
The above side effects will subside after some time. However in case the side effects persist or becomes serious, tell your doctor about it. The above list is not a complete list of side effects that may happen. There may be other side effects as well.
Common drug interactions:
There are certain drugs which may interact and affect the working of the medicine. It is best to disclose to your doctor about any medicines that you are currently using or taking so that he can check for possible drug interaction. Also inform him about any medicines that you are allergic to. Never start using any new medicine or stop using any existing medicine without consultation of your doctor.
Things to remember:
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose specified and not for any other purpose.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry pace away from heat, light and moisture.
- The medicine should not be applied while you are wearing contact lenses. There should be a gap of at least 15 minutes between application of the medicine and putting the contact lenses back. Also remove all your makeup before application of the medicine.
- Wash your hands properly before use and do not touch the tip of the medicine bottle as it may lead to contamination
- The medicine may lead to hire growth in areas that is frequently touched around the eye lashes. Hence excess solution outside the upper eyelid margin should be removed with the help of a tissue.
|US Brand Name||Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution|
|Strength||3 ml. (0.03%)|
|Generic Name||Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution|
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, India|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.