- Home /
- Flohale Inhaler - 125 mcg
Receive notification when the product is back in stock
Fluticasone Propionate is a corticosteroid that works very efficiently to reduce the swelling and inflammation. Fluticasone is a very good steroid and anti inflammatory drug. This drug is used to treat asthma and allergic rhinitis. This medication is used to treat seasonal or perennial rhinitis and prophylaxis of asthma etc. You may know your Inhaler better as a 'puffer'. Fluticasone propionate is used to prevent and reduce symptoms like wheezing and shortness of breath. This medicine must be used regularly to ease the breathing problems.
Understanding the drug:
How it works?
This inhaler contains steroids fluticasone and it mimics naturally occurring hormone produced by the adrenal glands such as cortisol and hydrocortisone. Fluticasone work by decreasing the inflammation caused due to allergy. The medicine reduces the swelling and irritation in the walls of the small air passages in your lungs. This medicine should be regularly used to prevent the symptoms of breathing problems rather than using it to ease an asthmatic attack as this drug does not work immediately.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take this medicine if you:
- Are allergic to Fluticasone propionate or any other ingredients of this drug
- Are aged below 4 years
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Have severe tuberculosis
- Are lactating mother
How much to take?
The dosage of this drug varies with the age group for which it is suggested and the condition of the patient. So the drug should be always taken according to the doctor’s prescription. Take the drug as directed by your doctor. The generally recommended dosage is:
- For adults and children (16 years and above): the dose ranges from 100-1000 mcg twice daily
- For children(1 to 16 years): the usual dosage range from 50-100 mcg twice daily
- For children under 8 years of age, the medicine is usually breathed in using something called a 'spacer'
Your doctor is the one who decides the right dosage. Therefore the drug must be always taken as recommended by the doctor or physician.
What are the strengths available?
The drug is available in 2 strengths depending upon the active ingredient that is Fluticasone propionate:
Flohale inhaler 125 mcg
Who is the manufacturer?
Flohale inhaler is manufactured by a well known Indian pharmaceutical company, Cipla. It is available on our websites in the packs of120, 360 and 600 doses.
How to use?
Follow the steps given below:
- Make the mouthpiece clean of any dirt or dust
- Shake the inhaler well before use
- Breath out the air so as to empty your lungs
- Put the mouthpiece into your mouth and grip with your lips tightly
- Take a deep breath and press the canister to puff up the drug into your air passage
- Remove the inhaler from mouth and hold breath for at least 10 seconds or as long as it is comfortable
- Breath out through nose and replace the cap
- Follow the steps given again if needed
When to take?
Flohale inhaler dose should be taken at the same time each day. Taking it at the same time each day helps you remember the dose. It will then become a part of your daily routine. It is important to take Fluticasone propionate at evenly spaced intervals between the time you wake up in the morning and the time you go to bed at night. Take your doctor’s advice about the time of dosage.
For how long should it be taken?
This medicine controls your condition, but does not cure it. Hence it is important to continue taking your medicine even if you feel sound. Do not stop the drug without doctor’s advice.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
Too much of this drug may cause a fast or irregular heartbeat; dry mouth, irritation or blurred vision. In such a case visit nearest healthcare center or call your doctor immediately.
What if you miss the dose?
If you forget to take the dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is too late then do not worry. Leave the dose. Do not double up the dose for the missed one.
What are the side effects?
Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any of the following:
- Dry or irritated throat or mouth
- Rounded face
- Tongue irritation
- Loss of bone density
- Slowing of growth in children
- Abnormal sense of taste
- Allergic rhinitis
- Hypersensitive reactions
- Nasal discharge
- Sinusitis or sinus infection
- Dental carries or tooth discoloration
In such cases you must go for immediate medical help. Do not get alarmed by the list. You may /may not experience all of them.
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Some of the drugs may interfere with the working of Flohale inhaler like:
- antifungal Ketazole drugs
- Ritonavir for HIV
- BCG vaccine live
The above mentioned medicines may cause severe drug interactions. You should therefore ask your doctor about the full list of the drugs to be avoided or that you should be careful of while taking Flohale inhaler. Also check with your doctor about any kind of OTC, prescription medicines or herbal medicines that you might be taking.
What are the things to be taken care of?
- The patient must get full information about the use of the inhaler so that the drug reaches the target area
- Do not use your Flohale puffer to treat any other complaints
- Do not give this drug to any one even if the symptoms are similar
- While undergoing this therapy the patient must take special care
|US Brand Name||Flovent|
|Generic Name||Fluticasone Propionate|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
Write a Review