A Ret Gel
Tretinoin is a drug that is prescribed for treating acne. This medicine is prescribed for peeling off the affected skin areas and also for unclogging the pores. Tretinoin is a natural metabolite of retinol and belongs to a class of Retinoids. Tretinoin is available in many other forms apart from capsules, like gel and cream form. This medication is used to minimize the signs and severity of the disease, Acne.
Understanding the drug:
How it works?
Retin A is a very active exfoliator that accelerates the skin cycle. The retinoic acid improves the pigmentation by speeding up the elimination of melanin in the dermis. It also increase collagen levels in the skin cells and improve fine wrinkles. It does not, however, have an effect on deep converges formed on the skin and ice pick scars. This medicine all improves the overall quality of skin.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to this drug or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- Are pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or planning to breast feed
- You have an abnormally high white blood cell (WBC) count
- Have liver disease
- Have diabetes or thyroid problems
- Have kidney problems
- Have severe bladder infection
- Have bleeding or blood clotting disorders
- Have stomach ulcers or ulcerative colitis
How much to apply?
Tretinoin comes in topical liquid, cream or gel forms. Apply small amount of the topical product as per the doctor’s advice. Always take the drug dose as prescribed by the doctor only. Never change the dosage, start, or stop using the drug without doctor’s permission. Usually your acne will get worse for the first 7-8 days but do not discontinue the product. Regular usage of the product will improve the condition within 3-4 weeks and acne and the scars will diminish.
What are the strengths available?
This drug Tretinoin is available on our website in the following strengths and brand names:
- Retino A cream 0.025% (20 gm)
- A Ret 0.025%(20 gm)
- A Ret gel 0.1%(20 gm)
- A Ret gel 0.05%(20 gm)
- Supatret gel 0.04%(20 gm)
- Supatret gel 0.1%(20 gm)
- Retino A cream 0.05%(20 gm)
Who is the manufacturer?
The various products and their manufacturers are as below:
Retino A cream 0.025% (20 gm)
Retino A cream 0.05%(20 gm)
Johnson and Johnson
A Ret 0.025%(20 gm)
A Ret gel 0.1%(20 gm)
A Ret gel 0.05%(20 gm)
Shalaks Pharmaceuticals limited
Supatret gel 0.04%(20 gm)
Supatret gel 0.1%(20 gm)
How to apply it?
If you are applying any form of tretinoin, follow these steps:
- Wash your hands and the skin area affected using a mild soap and water
- Pat dry your skin with a cotton cloth
- Wait for 20-30 minutes before applying this medicine
- Use clean fingertips, a cotton swab to apply the medication( a pea sized)
- Apply only the enough amount of medicine to cover the area lightly
When to apply?
Apply it religiously two times a day in morning and evening so as the acne scars heal faster. Proper care of the infected area is necessary. Time to time application of the cream will prove beneficial and will speed up the healing procedure.
For how long should it be taken?
Use this medicine as long as the doctor tells you to take. Use the medication exactly as directed. Never use more or less of it or use it more often than prescribed by your doctor.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
You may require urgent medical help in this situation. In such a case visit nearest healthcare center or call your doctor immediately.
What if you miss the dose?
In case you forget to apply the dose, skip the dose and take the next dose on the recommended time period if it’s too late but if it’s less than 1 hour of the skipping then go and apply it. Never apply too much of the product to balance the missed dose.
What are the side effects?
Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any of the following:
- Blister formation or crusting of the skin
- Peeling off
- Stinging of the skin
- Scaling of skin
- Burning sensation on the area applied
In above cases you must go for immediate medical help. Do not get alarmed by the list. You may /may not experience all of them. Tell your doctor immediately in the above situations.
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Certain other drugs can interact with Tretinoin and increase the risk of serious problems. So it is necessary to consult your doctor about the following drugs such as:
Ask your doctor to get the full list of the drugs needed to be avoided while taking the drug as they may interfere it and may cause adverse effects.
What are the things to be taken care of?
- One should not exceed the dose prescribed by doctor
- This medicine may be harmful if swallowed
- If the medicine get accidently into eyes then wash your eyes thoroughly with water
- This medicine is for topical use only
- Do not use the medicine after the date of expiry
|US Brand Name||Retin A|
|Strength||0.05% (20 gm)|
|Generic Name||Tretinoin Gel USP|
|Manufacturer||AKUMS DRUGS & PHARMACEUTICALS LTD|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
(Based on 6 ratings)
Write a Review
I use a month. It helps in the fight against acne.
First, the skin peels off a little, but she quickly updated.
Disappear unpleasant inflammation and blemishes after them.
I hope to recover fully from the disease using tretinoin.
Thank you store!