Receive notification when the product is back in stock
About the drug:
Norethindrone Acetate-Estradiol or Ethinyl estradiol is a combination drug that forms a very important part of hormone therapy. Women who have lost the ability to produce enough amounts of natural hormones like estrogen and progesterone can easily have them by using the substitute product Activelle that contains Norethindrone Acetate-Estradiol combination.
These drugs are very important in curing the moderate to severe symptoms of menopause like hot flashes, dryness , itching and burning around the vaginal area.
Uses of the drug:
The combination of Norethindrone Acetate - Ethinyl Estradiol is very effective in rectifying the complications of the female biological system. This drug helps to relieve the pain and dryness of the vaginal area.
Working of the drug:
Norethindrone Acetate-Ethinyl Estradiol gives a dose of artificial hormones to the body when the natural production of these hormones in the body is reduced due to menopause or hysterectomy (removal of uterus or womb). Ethinyl Estradiol is an estrogen while Norethindrone Acetate is a progestin hormone.
Activelle is manufactured by Novo - Nordisk, Denmark. The drugs are available on our website under various pack sizes. To buy Activelle 1+0.5 mg online, visit alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug is available in the form of tablet under the following brand name and strength on our website:
- Activelle 1+ 0.5 mg
Buy Activelle 1+ 0.5 mg online at alldaychemist.com.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to any of the ingredients present in the drug
- Are pregnant or planning to be a mother
- You are a breast feeding
- Have a history of endometriosis, uterine fibroids, abnormal mammograms and lumps in breast.
- Have a history of kidney disease, high blood pressure or cholesterol problems
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have low blood calcium levels
- Have porphyria
- Have classical migraines
- Have had stroke or any other kind of heart disease
- Have any unusual kind of bleeding from vagina
- Are suffering from pancreatic problems
- Are a patient of dementia or depression
How much to take?
The general dose recommended by doctors is one pill once in a day. The tablets can be taken with or without food. Take the tablets around the same time each day.
How to take?
Strictly follow the consumption of Norethindrone Acetate - Ethinyl Estradiol as your doctor advises you to. It should be swallowed as whole with water. Do not crush or chew the tablet. While beginning a new dispenser of Estradiol - Norethindrone Acetate, flip the inner disk so the current day of the week is synchronized with the small plastic tab. Pull the plastic tab up and break it off before taking the first tablet. Once this is done, tip the tablet out of the dispenser. Following the arrow, turn the outer transparent dial one space clockwise every day before consuming the next dose.
- At no instance should you increase or decrease the quantity or take it for longer than advised. If in doubt, you could also follow the instructions on the prescription label.
- You should take the pill on the same time each day before or after a meal. Avoid taking grapefruit or grapefruit juice with the tablets as this may lead to certain side effects.
For how long to take it?
Take this medicine as long as the doctor recommends you. Visit your doctor regularly while taking these pills. Store them at room temperature and safely away from moisture and heat.
In case you forget to take the dose at the same time, do not panic and take the dose if it is not less than 12 hours of scheduled time period. But if it is past that then leave the dose and take the next dose next day at the correct scheduled time. Never take two doses of the drug so as to maintain the close of one forgotten dose.
It is possible that you might exhibit symptoms like nausea, vomiting, and vaginal bleeding in the event of you overdosing on this drug. In case such symptoms do occur, you need to seek immediate medical attention. You may contact your doctor or visit your nearest health care center immediately.
Side effects of the drug:
Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any of the following:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat
- Sudden numbness or weakness on one side of the body
- Sudden and severe migraines
- Mood swings
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Indistinct vision or speech
- Improper balance; chest, arm, stomach, or shoulder pains
- Nausea, sweating and general illness
- Should stop consuming these pills immediately.
- Other symptoms include lack of appetite, dark urination, pallid stools, breast tenderness, nipple discharge, and increased hair growth, loss of scalp hair, and freckles or darkening of facial skin.
Common drug interactions:
Some of the drugs may interfere with the working of Norethindrone Acetate-Ethinyl Estradiol. There are also other drugs whose effectiveness themselves could be diminished by Norethindrone Acetate - Ethinyl Estradiol. Your doctor needs to be apprised about all the prescriptions and other medications you take before taking these birth control pills. Even vitamins, minerals, herbal products, and drugs prescribed by other doctors need to be made known to the doctor prescribing this particular medicine. Few drugs that may react with this drug are-
- Macrolides antibiotics
- HIV protease inhibitors
- Barbiturates (eg, Phenobarbital)
Under no circumstances should you use this drug without consulting your physician first.
Things to remember:
- Give up smoking completely while you are using Estradiol- Norethindrone Acetate smoking regularly may cause blood clots, strokes and heart attacks.
- Avoid alcohol completely
- One must be aware in case they have a family history of vaginal or cervical cancer.
|US Brand Name||Activelle|
|Generic Name||Estradiol - Norethindrone Acetat|
|Manufacturer||Novo - Nordisk, Denmark|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.