About the drug:
Quinapril HCl is a very imperative drug used in the treatment of high blood pressure and heart attack. It belongs to the class of ACE (Angiotensin converting enzyme) and is one of the most popular drugs given in the treatment of heart failure and hypertension or high blood pressure. Quinapril is only a pro-drug, that needs to be converted in active metabolite in the liver.
Uses of the drug:
Quinapril is prescribed for hypertension patients and it works by decreasing the workload of the heart. Hypertension increases the susceptibility of serious cardiovascular diseases like heart failure, heart attack and angina pectoris. It is also used in combination with Thiazide drugs and digoxin for the treatment of heart failure.
Working of the drug:
Quinapril belongs to the class of ACE inhibitors (Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor).
• It relaxes the constricted blood vessels and helps the heart to pump the blood faster
• It reduces the post heart attack damage by supplying sufficient oxygen supply.
• In case of kidney problems, it improves the blood supply to the blood vessels found in the kidney
Acuitel 5 mg is manufactured by a well known pharmaceutical company, Pfizer (Turkey). You can easily buy Acuitel 5 mg online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage forms and strengths:
Acuitel is available in the form of tablets. You can also find various other brand names and strengths of Quinapril Hcl on our website, like:
• Acuitel 5 mg
• Acuitel 20 mg
• Acuitel 40 mg
To buy Acuitel 5 mg online, visit alldaychemist.com.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take Quinapril if you:
• Have an allergy to the active ingredient or any other ingredient found in this drug
• Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
• Are breastfeeding as the drug may pass into breast milk
• Tell your doctor if you:
• Are suffering from rheumatoid arthritis
• Have heart problems
• Have kidney disease
• Have liver disease
• Have diabetes or if you are an asthma patient
How much to take the drug?
Always take the dose as prescribed by the physician. Various factors play an important role while prescribing a drug. Generally 10 or 20 mg dose is recommended initially. Doctor will prescribe the best suitable dose for you. Dosage can be adjusted depending upon the patient’s severity of the condition. It is very important to consume medicines on time.
How to take the drug?
You must swallow the whole tablet with one glass full of water. Do not crush or chew it. Quinapril is taken one tablet once in a day. It can be taken with or without food a day. It is best to take the medicine at the same time each day as it shows best results and also helps to remember the time to take the drug. Always take the medicine as instructed by your doctor.
For how long to take it?
It is important to take the drug as instructed by your doctor. Sudden discontinuation of medicine can cause adverse reactions. Never stop the medicine without taking the advice from the doctor.
You may need urgent medical attention if you encounter the below listed symptoms:
• Headache etc.
If you miss the dose then take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the dose and take your next dose at the correct time. Do not double up the dose to compensate for the missed one.
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are serious, but most of the times they are not. Some common side effects are listed below:
• Fever, chills and body aches
• Blurred vision
• Dry cough
• Pale or yellowing skin
• Pain in chest
• Rapid weight gain
Common drug interactions:
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. This way, doctor is able to give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Quinapril. Drugs listed below may interact with Quinapril can hinder its normal functioning:
• Potassium supplements
• Birth control pills
• Alendronate, etc.
Things to remember:
• If you experience any allergic reaction, then immediately consult your doctor
• This medicine can pass into breast milk and may cause harm to the fetal damage
• This drug causes dizziness, so avoid driving and machinery after consuming it
• Excess of sweating, diarrhea and vomiting can cause dehydration. So, compensate the fluid loss by drinking lots of fluids
|US Brand Name||Accupril|
|Generic Name||Quinapril Hydroclroride|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
Write a Review