Aerocort Forte Rotacaps 200/100mcg
|Generic Name||Beclomethasone Dipropionate 200mcg + Levosalbutamol 100mcg|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Rotacaps||US$ 0.23||US$ 7.50|
|60 Rotacaps||US$ 0.19||US$ 11.5023%US$ 15.00|
|90 Rotacaps||US$ 0.16||US$ 14.5036%US$ 22.50|
About the drug:
Beclomethasone dipropionate and levosalbutamol sulfate is a combination drug that shows a high degree of effectiveness. Beclomethasone is just like the natural Glucocorticosteroids, that are produced by the adrenal glands. Glucocorticosteroids have the ability to carry on the anti inflammatory actions. When used as Rotacaps, the medications are very good and targeted to specifically lungs only. Rotacaps enables the person to take the drug through the mouth to the lungs. The drug reaches at the site of action and produces its effect. This targeted drug delivery also minimizes the side effects shown by the oral drugs.
Uses of the drug:
It is a core medicine given prophylactically in case of severe asthma. In children, asthma is well controlled by these medicines and does not affect the pace of their growth. It clears the airways.
Working of the drug:
It contains the active ingredient Beclomethasone Dipropionate and Levosalbutamol Sulphate. Beclomethasone is a Glucocorticoid having anti-inflammatory properties. It is a steroidal drug having high affinity to the cytoplasmic receptors and stops the formation of chemical mediators that causes inflammation in the lungs. This drug solely targets on the inflammation causing factors and inhibits them and doesn’t allow them to accumulate and cause asthmatic conditions.
While Levosalbutamol Sulfate is a beta receptor agonist and it exerts Bronchodilator effects. It stimulates the beta-2 receptors and relaxes the smooth muscles of all airways from the trachea to the terminal bronchioles. This ingredient helps in relaxing the constricted bronchioles and facilitates the smooth breathing.
Aerocort forte Rotacaps are manufactured by Cipla, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our website and you can buy Aerocort forte Rotacaps online from alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
Beclomethasone Dipropionate and Levosalbutamol Sulfate Rotacaps are available in following strength combination of the active ingredient:
- Aerocort Rotacaps 100/100 mcg
- Aerocort forte Rotacaps 200/200 mcg
To buy Aerocort Rotacaps 100/100 mcg online, visit alldaychemist.com.
Before you take the drug:
• Do not take the drug if you:
- Are allergic to any of the ingredients present in it
- Are breastfeeding
- Are pregnant or are planning pregnancy
- Have diabetes
• Tell your doctor if you:
- Have thyroid problems
- Have cardiovascular diseases
- Have eye disorders like cataracts and glaucoma
- Suffer from mental conditions like psychosis and depression
- Have a history of tuberculosis, herpes and fungal infection
How much to take the drug?
- The correct dose to be taken always depends on the prescription of the doctor. This prescription may vary according the severity and demand of the disease condition. The starting dose of Rotacaps for adults is two inhalations, three to four times daily. For children, one or two inhalations, two to four times a day
- Hence this is necessary to follow doctor’s instructions. The dose can vary widely and is required to be taken on a regular basis.
How to take the drug?
Do not swallow Beclate Rotacaps. This is intended to be taken by inhalation only, using your Rotahaler. Rinse your mouth after using as it helps to avoid any kind of throat irritation and dry mouth like conditions. Open the Rotahaler capsule by holding it in a horizontal position by keeping white spot up and lighter colored end in the opposite direction. Then gently breathe out and seal your lips around the mouthpiece. Take a full, deep breath in your mouth and hold your breath for up to ten seconds. After that, take a normal breath and throw away the empty capsule shell.
Take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor. Try to take the dose at the same time each day as this will help you remember the time to take the drug and will decrease the chances of missing a dose.
For how long to take it?
Do not stop taking Rotacaps or bring out any changes in the dose without consulting with your doctor. This drug is meant to be taken on a regular basis, so keep on taking the drug as long as recommended by the doctor.
It is necessary to take the drug as per the instructions of the doctor. In case of overdose even if you do not find any kind of harmful side effects, contact your doctor immediately or visit your nearest healthcare center.
Consult your doctor if you miss the dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to catch up.
Side effects of the drug:
Every medicine has some side effects; some of which has some mild and has some has severe side effects. This type of dosage form shows fewer side effects than orally ingested Beclomethasone Dipropionate/Levosalbutamol Sulphate. Some commonly observed side effects are as follows:
- Sore throat
- Mild cough and sneezing
- Thinning skin
- Slow wound healing
- Increased thirst
- Oral candidiasis
- Dermal thinning
- Difficulty in speaking
- White patches narrowing of airways
- Rashes, itching or swelling on face/throat/tongue
Common drug interactions:
Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Your doctor will provide you the list of drugs to be avoided while taking this Rotacaps. Some of the drugs which interact with this drug are:
Things to remember?
- Keep the medicine in a close tight container and out of sight and reach of the children
- This drug may decrease the growth velocity of the children
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- It is not a broncho-dilator and hence must not be used for rapid relief of acute bronchospasm