About the drug:
The drug is a hapatoprotective agent that is mainly prescribed for treatment of fatty liver that is caused due to alcoholism. The main ingredient of the medicine is Metadoxine.
Uses of the drug:
The drug is used in the control, treatment, improvement and prevention of the following conditions, diseases and symptoms:
- Acute and chronic liver disease
- Liver damage due to alcoholism
Working of the drug:
The tablet improves the patient's condition by increasing the alcohol elimination from tissues and blood thus preventing liver damage as much as possible.
Alcoliv is manufactured by Sun Pharma, India. The drugs are available on our website under various pack sizes. To buy Alcoliv 500 mg online visit alldaychemist.com
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug is available in the form of tablets under the following brand name and strength on our website:
- Alcoliv 500 mg
Buy Alcoliv 500 mg online at discounted price.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you are:
- Pregnant or planning to be pregnant
- Breast feeding your baby as it may cause harm to the baby
- Allergic to the main ingredient Metadoxine or to any other ingredient of the drug
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are taking any other medicines
- Are suffering from any other ailments
- Are allergic to any medicines
How much to take the drug?
The recommended dose will be fixed by your doctor after examining you thoroughly. The dosage mainly depends on weight, age, severity of condition, response to treatment and also drug interaction. Usually, the dose that is recommended is:
- PO-: 0.5-1g/day
- IV/IM-: 300-600mg/day
How to take the drug?
The tablet needs to be taken as a whole by mouth using a glass of water. It is to be taken with food.
For how long to take it?
You must take the medicine for the entire prescribed period. It is advisable not to stop in between and consult your doctor in case you experience any discomfort during the course of the medicine.
Eating more medicine will not improve your symptoms rater they may lead to several side effects. Hence, it is very important that you must take the dose as prescribed by your doctor. In case of overdose you must contact the emergency medical service and get the required medical attention immediately.
Consume the missed dose as soon as you remember. If you are close to the next dose then you should skipped the missed dose and follow your original schedule. If you miss your dose on consecutive days then you must visit your doctor to fix a new schedule.
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the common side effects of the medicine include:
- Loose motion
- Skin rash
This is not a complete list of side effects that may happen. There may be other side effects as well. In case the side effects persist for long then you must consult your doctor at the earliest.
Common drug interactions:
Some medicines when taken along with Alcoliv Tablet may increase or decrease the activity of the drug. Hence, it is advisable to share the list of medicines that you are taking currently with your doctor so that drug interaction does not take place.
Things to remember:
- Even if other people share the same symptoms as yours, never share your medicine with them.
- The medicine must be stored at room temperature away from direct light and heat.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose for which it has been prescribed and not for any other purpose.
- Even after taking the medicines for the prescribed period if the symptoms persist then you must consult your doctor again.
|US Brand Name||Viboliv|
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma, India|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
Write a Review