Allegra 30 mg
Out Of Stock
About the drug:
Fexofenadine is an antihistamine. This drug reduces the effects of natural chemical histamines from the body. Fexofenadine relieves the symptoms of seasonal and year around allergies like hay fever in adults and children. Fexofenadine has a quality of fast onset of action, as it attain its therapeutic efficacy in one hour. It aids in relieving the symptoms of allergic reactions like urticaria, itchy red skin, burning sensation and swelling.
Uses of the drug:
Fexofenadine is a drug given in the allergic conditions such as sneezing, itchy nose and throat, watery, red and itchy eyes, runny nose that arises in the following conditions such as:
Seasonal allergic rhinitis
Chronic urticaria, etc.
Working of the drug:
It contains Fexofenadine as an active ingredient in it. The drug targets the histamine chemical that generates undesirable allergic symptoms. The mast cells release histamine and gets attached to other cells having receptors of histamine. This attachment makes the cell activated and releases other chemicals that accumulate to produce allergy symptoms such as runny nose and throat irritation. Fexofenadine blocks the H1 receptor of histamine and prevents the activation of cells releasing histamine.
Allegra Tablets (30 mg) is manufactured by Aventis, India. You can buy Allegra 30 mg Tablets online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the Tablets form in the following strengths on our website:
- Allegra tablets (30 mg)
- Allegra tablets (120 mg)
- Allegra tablets (180 mg)
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
Are allergic to this drug or any of the other ingredients present in this medicine
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have blood pressure or kidney problems
- Have liver problem
- Have any serious heart complaint
How much to take the drug?
The drug dosage should be according to the prescription of the doctor that he does after assessing your condition and various factors such as age, gender and body weight. The dose varies from patient to patient.
- For children between 6 to 11 years- an initial recommended is dose 30 mg
- For adults and children above 11 years- recommended dose is 60 mg and 180 mg
- The dose can be increased or decreased depending upon the patient’s condition. Always take the dose as prescribed by the Doctor
- Buy Allegra 30 mg online from alldaychemist.com.
How to take the drug?
Fexofenadine should be taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet with full glass of water. Don’t crush or chew the tablet. Avoid taking any other type of liquid like fruit juice as they may decrease the absorption of the drug.
Always take the medicine as instructed by the Doctor or Pharmacist. Don’t consume the medicine in a greater amount. Never change the amount of the drug without the advice of the doctor. 30 mg dose is generally recommended to be taken twice a day and 180 mg is taken once a day. The intake of dosage varies from patient to patient. So, doctor will recommend the best therapeutic dose for you.
For how long to take?
Take the medicine as long as recommended by the Doctor. Always ask the doctor before stopping the intake of the drug as the sudden stoppage of the drug without the doctor’s recommendations may cause unknown effects on the patient’s body. Hence dose completion is necessary.
If overdose occurs then, immediately consult with your concerned doctor. Take medical help as soon as possible if you encounter below stated symptoms:
- Dryness of mouth
Take this drug on routine basis and try to take the medicine at the same time each day. This reduces the chances of missing dose. Talk to your Doctor if you miss the Dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to catch up with the previous one.
Side effects of the drug:
Every medicine has some side effects, same way this drug also have some undesired effects with it. Fexofenadine shows common side effects such as:
- Stomach disturbances
- Sleeping disturbances
- Difficulty in breathing
- Muscular pain or pain in extremities
- Swollen face, lips , tongue and throat
- Menstrual cramps
- Cough and flu
- Body aches
- Back pain
Common drug interactions:
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non-prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Fexofenadine. Drugs listed below may interact with Fexofenadine and can increase its sedation effect:
- Anti depressants
- Sleeping pills
- Anti anxiety drugs
- Also avoid St John’s Wort, any juice like grape fruit or apple juice while taking this drug.
Things to remember:
- Don’t take fruit juices and antacids as they hinders the absorption of Fexofenadine
- Don’t share your medicine with anybody, even if they have the same symptoms
- Avoid the intake of alcohol beverages while using Fexofenadine as it can enhance the effect of drowsiness
- Always store the medicine at the room temperature and away from moisture, heat and light
- Consult with your pharmacist about the proper disposal of the drug
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine