About the drug
Fluconazole is an antifungal medicine. It is either given by mouth or intravenously. This medicine was developed by the scientists in Pfizer and was launched into the market in the year 1990. It
is first generation Triazole antifungal medication.
Uses of the drug:
Fluconazole is an antifungal antibiotic that is used against infections caused by fungus, which can affect any part of the body including mouth, throat, esophagus, lungs, bladder, genitals, andblood. This medicine Flucomet 5ml is used for the treatment of Fungal corneal ulcers and Keratitis.
Working of the drug:
Fluconazole inhibits the fungal enzyme 14-a-demethylase.This prevents the conversion of lanosterol to ergosterol. Ergosterol is an essential part of cytoplasmic membrane of fungal cell.
Flucomet 5 ml eye drop is manufactured by Milmet, India. You can buy Fluconazole 5 ml online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the eye drop form in the following strength on our website:
- Flucomet 5 ml
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to this drug or any of the other ingredients present in this medicine
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are pregnant and if you are not then use all the methods to prevent pregnancy.
- Are breastfeeding as the drug may pass into the breast milk and harm the newborn
- Have serious liver problem
- Have blood pressure or kidney problems
- Have serious heart complaints
How much to take the drug?
The dosage may depend on a range of factors like age, sex, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Your dosage will be determined by your doctor after examining you properly. The usual dose is one-two drops in the infected eye after every 4 hours in a day, depending upon the condition of the patient. In severe cases you can increase the dose to 1 drop after each one hour and subsequently with the improvement in the condition the dosage can be decreased to one eye drop after every 4 hours.
How to take the drug?
Take Fluconazole antifungal medication strictly according to your doctor’s direction or according to the instructions on the medication label. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you
to do so. Also, do not take this medication after the prescribed period is over. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Refer the instructions in them for detailed information on that
particular medication. You can buy Flucomet 5 online at alldaychemist.com.
For how long to take it?
Take the drugs as long as your doctor recommends you to take it.
If you feel any frightening symptoms, then immediately call the doctor and inform him about the possible side effects of over dosage. If the situation worsens then visit the nearest healthcare center or call the emergency helpline number.
In case you forget to take the dose, skip the dose and take the next dose on the recommended time period. Do not double up the dose for the missed one.
Side effects of the drug:
Some common side effects of Fluconazole are:
- Abdominal and stomach pain
- Lack of energy
- Allergic reactions like swelling of face
- Blistering and peeling of skin
- Extreme tiredness
- Unusual bleeding
- Dark urine
- Yellowing of eye or skin
- Nausea and vomiting
- Pain in upper part of the abdomen
- Loss of appetite
Allergic reactions e.g.
Fluconazole may rarely cause any serious side effects. Call your doctor right away if you experience any serious side effects due to Fluconazole. The side effects mentioned above are not the only ones that you may experience or witness due to Fluconazole. If you get any serious side effects due to this medication, contact your doctor right away.
Common drug interactions:
- Many other drugs can interact with Fluconazole. Let your doctor know in advance if you use any of the following drugs: a blood thinner like Warfarin or clopidogrel, Alfentanil, Cyclophosphamide,
- Cyclosporine Methadone Pimozide Prednisone Saquinavir, Sirolimus, Tacrolimus, Theophylline, Voriconazole, Antidepressants, Cancer medicines, cholesterol lowering medicines, heart or blood pressure medicines, NSAIDs, oral diabetes medicines, rifabutin, sedative drugs, or seizure medicines.
- However, these are not the only medicines that can interact with Fluconazole. There may be others as well. Inform your doctor about all other medicines and related products which you may be using.
- Never start a new medication without consulting your doctor first.
Things to remember:
- Store this medication in a cool and dry place
- Never start a new medication without consulting your doctor first
- Remember to follow your doctor’s advice properly for best results.
|US Brand Name||Zocon|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.