About the drug:
Arzep nasal spray drug contains Azelastine, an antihistamine drug which inhibits the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation. It is used to treat various kinds of allergies in the body.
Uses of the drug:
Azelastine HCl also sold under the brand name Arzep (made by German remedies) among several other brands is medication that lowers the effects of natural chemical histamine in the body. Histamine in the body can lead to symptoms like itching, sneezing, watery eyes, and runny nose.
Azelastine HCl nasal spray helps in preventing the above symptoms and other nasal symptoms of allergies.
This medication may also be used for conditions not mentioned above.
Working of the drug:
Arzep nasal spray works by 3 modes of actions:
- Antihistamine effect
- anti-inflammatory effect
- Mast-cell stabalising effect
Arzep nasal spray is manufactured by German Remedies. You can buy Arzep nasal spray online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the nasal spray form in the following strength on our website:
- Arzep nasal spray (10 ml)
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to this drug or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- Are pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or planning to breast feed
- Have any recent heart surgery
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have kidney problems
- Have myasthenia gravis
- Have liver disease
How much to take the drug?
Read the instructions given on the package of the product and follow the directions accordingly or you can always consult your doctor in case of any confusion. Do not try to Increase or decrease the dosage without proper consultation of your doctor. Buy Arzep nasal spray 4 mg online from alldaychemist.com.
How to take the drug?
To use the Azelastine HCl nasal spray for the first time, fix the pump on the bottle. Then prepare the pump by priming it (removing air by spraying) 3-4 times in air, away from your body until you notice a fine mist. Prime the pump if you haven't used the medicine for a while, say 3 days in a row.
After the pump is ready, slowly blow your nose to clear it of any mucus or blockage. Then insert the medication bottle nozzle into your nostril by pointing it directly up into the nose. Close the other nostril with your finger and keep your head straight. Then pump the spray and inhale slowly simultaneously. Spray the appropriate amount of medicine as directed by your doctor. Clean the nozzle properly after use. Don't sneeze or blow your nose just after using the medication.
Let your doctor know if your condition doesn't improve or worsens after using the medication regularly. Always store Azelastine spray in a cool and dry place, away from heat, moisture, children and pets.
For how long to take?
Take the drug as long as recommended in the instruction or as the doctor prescribes you to do. Do not stop taking the medicine without the doctor’s advice.
Azelastine HCl medication may impact your thinking capability and reflexes. So keep activities like driving which require high level of alertness and attention to a minimum or avoid it if unnecessary. An overdose of Azelastine may not be dangerous or life threatening but it should not be overdosed for any reason. In case of overdose consult your doctor immediately.
Never miss a single dose of Arzep nasal spray or any other medication. But if you forget to take a dose and hence miss one, take it as soon as you remember. Do not make up for the missed dose if the time to take the next one is almost near. Do not ever double dose on any medication.
Side effects of the drug:
- While all medications may cause side effects, not everyone who use medicine experience them. Azelastine HCl medication may or may not cause side effects in you. But there may be some allergic reactions (rare) like hives, breathing difficulty, swelling on tongue, face, lips, or throat. Seek emergency medical attention if you have these allergic symptoms.
- Some less serious and common side effects of Azelastine HCl are changed taste (especially bitterness), bleeding from nose, or irritation or soreness in the nose.
- The list of side effects mentioned above is not a complete one. There may be other reactions and side effects due to Azelastine HCl nasal spray.
Common drug interactions:
- Before using Azelastine HCl spray (Astelin, Arzep), let your doctor know about any present medications which you may be using, especially cimetidine (Tagamet) as they may interact with this nasal spray medication.
- Other drugs which may interact are cold and other allergy medications, narcotic pain killers, sleeping pills, depression or anxiety medications, muscle relaxers, or medicines for seizures. They can increase sleepiness induced by Azelastine HCl spray.
- Again, these interactions are not exhaustive and there may be other interactions. Your doctor will examine you thoroughly and prescribe accordingly.
Things to remember:
- Do not give this medicine to anyone else
- Don’t exceed the recommended dose
- Store away from the reach of children and pets
|US Brand Name||Astelin|
|Generic Name||Azelastine Hcl|
|Manufacturer||German remedies, India|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.