Azopt Eye Drop 1% (5 ml) Eye Drop
|Generic Name||Brinzolamide opthalmic suspension|
|Manufacturer||Alcon Laboratories Inc, USA|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|1 Eye Drop/s||US$ 20.00||US$ 20.0062%US$ 52.00|
|3 Eye Drop/s||US$ 18.33||US$ 55.0065%US$ 156.00|
|6 Eye Drop/s||US$ 16.17||US$ 97.0069%US$ 312.00|
About the drug:
The active ingredient of the drug is Brinzolamide Opthalmic Suspension. It is an eye care medication.
Uses of the drug:
The medicine is mainly utilized for the treatment of some types of glaucoma and there causes of high IOP. The medicine may be used for other purposes not mentioned above.
Working of the drug:
The medicine works by reducing the fluid in the eye which lowers the pressure inside the eye.
The manufacturer of Azopt Eye Drop - 1% (5 ml) Eye Drop is Ajanta Pharma, India. You can purchase Azopt Eye Drop - 1% (5 ml) Eye Drop online also.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the eye drop form in the following strength
- Azopt Eye Drop - 1% (5 ml) Eye Drop
- Brinolar 1% (5ml) Eye Drop
Before you use this drug:
Do not use drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug or to any other ingredients.
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are pregnant, planning to be pregnant or breast feeding your baby.
- Are using any other eye drop
- Are allergic to any medicines
How much to use the drug?
How to use the drug?
The drug is to be used strictly as per the advice of your doctor. The dosage of the medicine should not be altered without the advice of your doctor. If you are wearing contact lenses, you must remove the contact lenses first and then after a gap of 15 minutes you must put the medicine in the eye. Wash your hands before application of the medicine. Use the medicine as per the instruction of your doctor.
For how long to use it?
The medicine is to be used for the entire prescribed period of time and should not be stopped in between as it may lead to adverse effect in the eye.
Though an overdose of the medicine may not result in any serious side effects, you may consult your doctor in case of any overdose so that there are no side effects.
In case of missed dose you must apply the medicine as soon as you remember provided there is sufficient gap between two doses. Never double dose to compensate for the missed dose. Applying the medicine at the same time each day will reduce the chance of missing any dose.
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the common side effects of the medicine include:
- Double vision
- Blurred vision
- Burning or stinging in eye
- Dropping eyelid
- Bitter or unusual taste in your mouth
- Feeling like something is in your eyes
- Dry eyes
If the above side effects persist or becomes serious then you must get in touch with your doctor immediately.
Some of the serious side effects of the medicine include:
- Sensitivity to light
- Eye discomfort
- Redness in the eye
- Swelling in the eye
- Crusting of your eyes or eye lids
If you experience any serious side effects after using the medicine, get emergency medical attention as soon as possible.
Common drug interactions:
There are certain medicines that may interact with Brinzolamide Opthalmic and affect the working of the medicine. Hence it is best to tell your doctor about all the medicines that you are using currently specially salicylates such as aspirin which may interact with Brinzolamide Opthalmic and affects its working. This is not the only medicines that may interact. There may be other medicines as well.
Things to remember:
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose specified and not for any other purpose.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry pace away from heat, light and moisture.
- After using the medicine the eyes may become blurred. Hence it is best not to indulge in any activity that requires alertness such as driving or operating any machinery and the likes.
- Do not use any other eye drops while you are using Brinzolamide Opthalmic ophthalmic solution unless it has been prescribed by your doctor.
- In case you need to apply another drop then there should be a gap of at least 10 minutes between two drops.
- Never touch the tip of the medicine bottle and also see to it that the tip does not touch the eye. The drop should be applied from a distance so that chances of infection are not there.
- Do not wear contact lenses while you are applying the medicine. The contact lenses needs to be removed and after some time apply the eye drop. Also wait for some time before putting the contact lenses back.