Beclate Inhaler 200 mcg (200 mdi)
Out Of Stock
|Generic For||Beclovent Inhaler|
|Generic Name||Beclomethasone Dipropionate|
Beclomethasone is a synthetic glucocorticoid. The natural glucocorticosteroids are produced by adrenal glands. Glucocorticosteroids have the ability to carry on the anti inflammatory actions. When used as inhalers the medications are very good and targeted to specifically lungs only. An inhaler enables the person to take drug through the mouth to the lungs. Drug reaches at the site of action and produces its effect. This targeted drug delivery also minimizes the side effects shown by the oral drugs. It is a core medicine given prophylactically in case of severe Asthma. In children, asthma is well controlled by these medicines and does not affect the pace of their growth. It clears the airways and avoids its constriction.
Understanding the drug Beclate Inhaler:
How it works?
It contains active ingredient Beclomethasone Dipropionate. It is a glucocorticoid having anti-inflammatory properties. It is a steroidal drug having high affinity to the cytoplasmic receptors and stops the formation of chemical mediators that causes inflammation in the lungs. This drug solely targets on the inflammation causing factors and inhibits them and doesn’t allow them to accumulate and cause asthmatic conditions.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take this Inhaler if you:
- Are allergic to any of the ingredients present in it
- Are planning pregnancy or are pregnant
- Are a breast feeding mother
- Have diabetes
- Have thyroid problems
- Have eye disorders like cataracts and glaucoma
- Suffer from mental conditions like Psychosis and depression
- Have history of tuberculosis, herpes and fungal infection
How much to take?
The correct dose to be taken always depends on the prescription of the doctor. This prescription always depends upon the severity and demand of the disease condition. Hence this is necessary to follow doctor’s instructions. Dose can vary widely and is required to be taken on regular basis.
What are the strengths available?
Beclomethasone inhaler is available in following strength combination of the active ingredient Beclomethasone Dipropionate:
- Beclate Inhaler 100 mcg
- Beclate Inhaler 200 mcg
Who is the manufacturer?
Beclate Inhaler is manufactured by Cipla, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our website in the pack of 200, 400 and 600 metered doses.
How to take?
Do not swallow Beclate Inhaler. Following are the ways to take the medicine:
- Always check the cleanliness of the mouthpiece before using
- Shake the inhaler before using by holding it in a upright position
- Exhale the air completely out of your lungs and empty them
- Put the mouthpiece in your mouth and close your lips
- Take a deep breath through your mouth and press the canister to get puff of the medicine
- Remove the inhaler and continue to hold your breath for 10 seconds
- Breathe out through nose
- Replace the cap and if needed take the second dose by repeating steps mentioned above.
When to take?
Take the medicine as prescribed by the Doctor. Try to take the dose at the same time each day as this will help you remember the time to take the drug and will decrease the chances of missing a dose.
For how long should it be taken?
Do not stop taking Inhaler or bring out any changes in the dose without consulting with your Doctor. This drug is meant to be taken on regular basis, so keep on taking the drug as long as recommended by the Doctor.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
It is necessary to take the drug as per the instructions of doctor. In case of overdose even if you do not find any kind of harmful sideffects, contact your doctor immediately or visit your nearest healthcare center.
What if you miss the dose?
Consult your doctor if you miss the Dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to catch up.
What are the side effects?
Every medicine has some side effects; some of which has some mild and some has severe side effects. This type of dosage form shows fewer side effects than orally ingested Beclomethasone Dipropionate. Some commonly observed side effects are as following:
- Sore throat
- Mild cough and sneezing
- White patches
- Thinning skin
- Slow wound healing
- Increased thirst
- Oral Candidiasis
- Dermal thinning
- Difficulty in speaking
- Rashes itching or swelling on face/throat/tongue
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. You doctor will provide you the list of drugs to be avoided while taking Beclomethasone Inhaler. Some of the drugs which interact with this drug are:
- Technetium Tc-99 m Gluceptate
- Technetium Tc-99 m Oxidronate
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Keep the medicine in a close tight container and out of sight and reach of the children
- This drug may decrease the growth velocity of the children
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- This drug is not to be used in Status Asthamaticus
- It is not a bronchodilator and hence must not be used for rapid relief of acute bronchospasm