Benazepril HCl is a potent drug used in the treatment of high blood pressure and heart attack. It belongs to the class of ACE (Angiotensin converting enzyme) and is one of the most popular drugs given in the treatment of heart failure and hypertension. The drug is found in combination with Hydrochlorothiazide and with Amlodipine also
Benazepril is given in hypertension. Hypertension increases the susceptibility of serious cardiovascular diseases like heart failure, heart attack and angina pectoris.
Working of the drug:
This drug belongs to the class of ACE inhibitors (Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor). It relaxes the constricted blood vessels and helps heart in pumping the blood more easily. It reduces the post heart attack damage by supplying sufficient oxygen supply. In case of kidney problems, it improves the blood supply in the vessels found in the kidneys and reduces the chance of getting hypertension and diabetes post effects.
Benace-5mg is manufactured by Novartis, a very popular Indian Pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our website in various packs of tablets. To buy Benace 5 mg online, visit alldaychemist.com.
Dosage forms and strengths available:
Benazepril tablets contain the following strength combinations on the website:
• Benace 5 mg • Benace 10 mg
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
• Have an allergy for Benazepril or any other ingredient of the drug. • Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant • Are breastfeeding as the drug may pass into the breast milk and may harm the feeding baby
Tell your doctor if you:
• Have heart diseases • Had kidney transplantation • Have liver disease • Have diabetes • Have autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, lupus and scleroderma • Are suffering from connective tissue disease like rheumatoid arthritis • Are dehydrated or are on low salt diet
How much to take the drug?
Always take the dose as prescribed by the physician. It is very important to consume medicine timely. Various factors are observed before prescribing a disease. Generally, 10 mg is recommended as an initial dose. Doctor will prescribe the best suitable dose for you. Dosage can be adjusted depending upon the patient’s severity of the condition.
How to take the drug?
You must swallow the whole tablet with one glass full of water. Do not crush or chew it. Benazepril can be taken once in a day. You can take it with or without food. It is best to take it at the same time daily because it shows best results and helps to remember the dose. Dose adjustments are done basis on the levels of blood pressure. Always take the medicine as instructed by the doctor. To buy Benace 5 mg online, visit alldaychemist.com.
For how long to take it?
It is important to take the drug as instructed by your doctor. The sudden discontinuance of medicine can cause undesirable reactions. So, it is necessary that before stopping the drug intake, you should always consult a physician first.
You may need urgent medical attention for this you can call your doctor immediately or can visit the nearest health care center. You may feel dizziness, fainting and lightheadedness.
Take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the dose and take your next dose at the correct time. Do not double up the dose to compensate for the missed one.
Side effects of the drug:
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are serious, but most of the times they are not. You may need medical help in case the following troubles arise:
• Dizziness • Stomach pain /nausea • Headache • Dry cough • Fever • Chest pain • Skin rashes, itching and hives • Chest tightness • Swelling of mouth, face and lips • Sore throat • Fast/irregular heartbeat • Pale or yellowing of skin
In such cases you must go for immediate medical help. Do not get alarmed by the list. You may /may not experience all of them.
Common drug interactions:
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, the doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Benazepril HCl. Drugs listed below may interact with Benazepril HCl can hinder its normal functioning:
• Lithium • Aliskiren • Drospirenone and other birth control pills • Cough and cold medicines • Aspirin • NSAIDs like Ibuprofen and Naproxen
Do not start, stop or change the dosage of any drug before checking them first with the doctor. Discuss the full list of drugs that you might be taking with your doctor, so that you may avoid any negative drug interaction.
Things to be taken care of:
• This drug causes dizziness so, avoid driving and use of machinery after consuming it • Benazepril HCl can affect the blood sugar levels. So, it is important for a diabetic patient to monitor his or her blood sugar levels regularly • If you experience any allergic reaction while taking the drug, then immediately consult with your doctor
Please note that not all medications, including any referenced on this page, are dispensed from our affiliated Indian pharmacy. The medications in your order may be filled and shipped from an approved International fulfilment center located in a country other than India. In addition to dispensing medications from our Indian pharmacy, medication orders are also filled and shipped from international fulfilment centers that are approved by the regulatory bodies from their respective countries.
Medication orders are filled and shipped from approved fulfilment centers around the world including, but not limited to, India, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Mauritius and the United States. The items in your order may be filled and shipped from any one of the above jurisdictions. The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. All of our affiliated fulfilment centers have been approved by the regulatory bodies from their respective countries.
Subscribe to our Newsletter & never miss a latest product or offer