About the drug:
Budesal Respule comprises of Budesonide and Salbutamol combination drug that exhibits anti inflammatory properties. This drug acts directly on the airways and decreases the inflammation. This improves your condition and prevents asthma attack from recurrence. The inflamed and narrow airways make the breathing difficulties.
Budesal Respule clears the passage of airways and facilitates smooth breathing. This medicine is administered in a Respule form. In this, the drug is present in a nebulising suspension or liquid in the set of vials. With the help of a nebulizer, the liquid form of the drug is converted into a mist for inhalation. Through nebulizer, the drug is inhaled and it produces effects at the site of action. This is one of the most preferred ways of taking drugs as it offers a faster mode of action and reduces its systemic side effects.
Uses of the drug:
Budesal Respule is a long term therapy of asthma and is given prophylactically in children 1 to 8 years of age having asthma.
Working of the drug:
- It contains one active ingredient Budesonide. It is a synthetic potent glucocorticoid which exerts anti-inflammatory properties.
- This medicine directly goes into the airways and lungs and produces its effect. It prevents the signs and symptoms of asthma. It has anti-inflammatory action and acts on the inflamed airways. This reduces the inflammation by scavenging harmful mediators of inflammation and causes narrowing of the airways. This way, it facilitates smooth breathing and avoids constriction of airways. It is recommended to be used daily as it prevents the development of asthma symptoms.
- Salbutamol acts on the receptors and stimulates them, as a result of which the muscles of the air passage relax. This leads to easy passage of air and opens the airway.
Budesal Respule is manufactured by Cipla, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our website and you can buy Budesal Respule online from alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strength:
Budesal Respule are available in following strength combination having an active ingredient Budesonide in it:
• Budesal Respule 0.5 mg per 2.5ml
Before taking the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- Are allergic to any of the ingredients present in Budesal Respule
- Are pregnant or breast feeding mother
- Are under six years of age
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have a history of tuberculosis, liver disease and osteoporosis
- Have a history of pulmonary tuberculosis
- Have chest, eye and mouth infection
- Have HSV or any other sexual infection
How much to take the drug?
Commonly, 1 to 4 puffs twice a day is recommended for the adults and for children 1 to 2 puffs twice a day. The dose can vary widely and is required to be taken on a regular basis. Always follow doctor’s instructions. The dose intake is prescribed by the doctor depending upon the severity and demand of the disease condition.
How to take the drug?
- Do not swallow Budesal Respule. The ampule is taken out from the aluminum foil and contents are emptied into the nebulizer. Always use clean and dirt free nebulizer. The nebulizer filled with the drug is attached to the air pump and is inhaled by the patient. Once an ampule is opened, use the drug immediately. Always keep the record of the date which you open the foil, consume the unused ampules within 2 weeks.
- After use, completely clean the used nebulizer, mouthpiece and mask. Rinse your mouth in order to avoid any infection. Always read the instructions mentioned in a leaflet. In case of any doubt, one may consult the concerned physician or pharmacist.
- Take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor. He will decide and tell you how many puffs to be taken each time. Always try to take the dose at the same time each day; this reduces the chances of missing a dose.
For how long to take it?
Do not stop taking Budesal Respule or change the dose without consulting with your doctor. This drug is meant to be taken on a regular basis, so keep on taking the drug as long as recommended by the doctor.
If overdose, talk to doctors or poisons information center for advice. Take medical help as soon as possible.
Consult your doctor if you miss the dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to catch up.
Side effects of the drug:
Every medicine has some side effects; Budesal Respule have some mild and severe side effects also. Some commonly observed side effects are as follows:
- Sores in mouth
- Hoarse voice
- Oral thrush
- Pain in stomach
Some rare side effects associated with it are as follows:
• Swelling of the face
• Breathing difficulties
• Vision related problems like glaucoma and cataract
Common drug interactions:
Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Your doctor will provide you the list of drugs to be avoided while taking Budesal Respule. Some of the drugs which interact with Budesal Respule are as follows:
- Ritonavir, etc.
Things to remember:
- Always take the medicine as per the prescription
- Don’t use the expired drugs
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- Avoid coming in contact with the people who are suffering from chicken pox and measles
- This drug doesn’t produce immediate relief so is not given during an acute asthma attack
|US Brand Name||Pulmicort Respules|
|Strength||0.5mg / 2.5 ml|
|Generic Name||Budesonide Salbutamol|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
Write a Review