Receive notification when the product is back in stock
About the drug:
Candesartan is a drug belongs to the class of angiotensin 2 receptor antagonist. They oppose the effect of angiotensin and aids smooth arterial blood flow. This all helps in reducing the elevated blood pressure levels, therefore useful in hypertension.
Uses of the drug:
Candesartan is used in the treatment of hypertension, chest pain and heart attack. It is also given in various other cardiovascular problems.
Working of the drug:
Candesartan is an angiotensin receptor antagonist and is an important drug given in heart associated conditions. Candesartan binds with the angiotensin receptor antagonist and follows certain actions like:
• Relaxes blood vessels and aids smooth blood flow
• Decreases workload of the heart
• Improves survival and prevents heart attack
• Reduces hospitalization and improve symptoms
Candesar is manufactured by Ranbaxy, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage forms and strengths:
Candesartan tablets are available in the following two strengths on our website:
• Candesar 8 mg
• Candesar 4 mg
You can buy Candesar 4 mg online from alldaychemist.com.
Before taking the drug:
• Do not take the drug if you:
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding as the safety of this drug for a newborn baby is still not known and the medicine is capable of passing into the breast milk
- Are allergic to the drug or any of its other ingredients
• Tell your doctor if you:
- Have hypotension or low blood pressure
- Have congestive heart failure
- Have kidney disease
- Have liver problems
- Have any other heart problems etc.
How much to take the drug:
Always take the dose as prescribed by the physician. It is very important to consume medicine timely. The dose is decided by the doctor depending upon the patient’s condition and demand. With time, dose adjustments are generally done according to the response of the patient. Always take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
How to take?
You must swallow the whole tablet with one glass full of water. Do not crush or chew it. Candesartan is taken once daily and can be taken before or after meal. The best way to take the medicine same time daily because it shows best results and helps to remember when to take the drug.
How long to take it?
It is important to take the drug as instructed by your doctor. Abrupt discontinuation of medicine can cause adverse reactions. So, before stopping the drug intake, always consult a physician first. You can buy Candesar 4mg online at alldaychemist.com at very cheap rates.
You may need urgent medical attention if you experience below mentioned symptoms:
• Red skin rash
• Rapid heart rate
Take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the dose and take your next dose at the correct time. Do not double up the dose to compensate for the missed one.
Side effects of the drug:
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are serious, but most of the times they are not. Common side effects are mentioned below:
• Chest pain
• Back pain
Serious side effects which need medical attention are as follows:
• Skin rashes, itching and hives
• Sleep disorder
• Swelling of face, lips and tongue
• Fever, chills and sore throat
• Shortness of breath
• Tachycardia or bradycardia
• Anxiety disorder
• Worsening of kidney functions
Common drug interactions:
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs that you are presently taking. This way, the doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs or any other things that may interact with Candesartan. A few of the common drugs to avoid are:
• Birth control pills like drospirenone
• ACE inhibitors like Ramipril and Enalapril
• NSAIDs such as Ibuprofen and Naproxen
• Lithium, etc.
Things to remember:
• Keep the medicine in a close tight container and out of reach of children
• Don’t use the expired medicine
• Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
• This drug passes into breast milk and may cause fetal damage
• Monitor your blood pressure levels regularly
• Along with this drug, diet, exercise and weight control are also needed to keep blood pressure levels under control
• Don’t exceed the recommended dose
|US Brand Name||Atacand|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.