Out Of Stock
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma, India|
About the drug:
Carvedilol is a potent non selective beta blocker indicated in the treatment of high blood pressure and heart attack. It belongs to the class of beta blocker and is one of the most recommended drugs given in the treatment of heart, kidney failure and hypertension.
Uses of the drug:
Carvedilol is given in hypertension that decreases the work load of the heart. It also decreases the risk of various heart conditions:
• Mild to moderate hypertension
• Post heart failure and prevents further worsening of the condition
• Left ventricular dysfunction after a heart attack
• Other cardiovascular diseases, etc.
Working of the drug:
Carvedilol is a non selective beta blocker. It binds to beta receptors in the heart and vascular smooth muscles and inhibits their action. This all results in following effects:
• Relaxes the blood vessels and aids smooth arterial blood flow
• Effortless pumping of blood out of the heart and around the body
• Reduces high level of blood pressure
• Provides oxygen by decreasing energy used by the heart to pump blood around the body
• Reduces workload of the heart and the amount of oxygen needed to pump the blood around the body
• Improves survival and prevents future heart attack by correcting improper electrical activity of heart blood vessels resulting in fast or slow heartbeat
Cardivas manufactured by Sun Pharma, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our website in various pack sizes. You can buy Cardivas 3.12 mg online from alldaychemist.com.
Dosage forms and strengths:
Carvedilol tablets contain the following four strength combinations on the website:
• Cardivas 3.125 mg
• Cardivas 6.25mg
• Cardivas 12.5mg
• Cardivas 25mg
Buy Cardivas 3.125 mg online from alldaychemist.com only to grab great offers.
Before you take the drug:
• Do not take Carvedilol if you:
Have an allergy to Carvedilol or any other ingredient present in the drug
Have diabetes and asthma
Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
• Tell your doctor if:
Have heart diseases
Have kidney disease
Have liver disease
Are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism
Have blood circulation problems like Raynaud’s disease
Are suffering from connective tissue disease like rheumatoid arthritis, lupus and scleroderma
Have heart diseases like angina and muscle conditions like Myasthenia Gravis
How much to take the drug?
Always take the dose as prescribed by the physician. It is very important to consume medicine timely. Various factors are observed before prescribing a drug. The doctor is the one who will prescribe the best suitable dose for you. The initial recommended dosage starts from 3.125 mg twice daily for two weeks and can be increased depending upon the patient’s severity of the condition.
How to take the drug?
You must swallow the whole tablet or capsule with one glass full of water. Do not crush or chew it. Don’t open the capsule shell.
Carvedilol can be taken twice a day. It can be taken with or without food a day. It is best to take it at the same time daily because it shows best results and helps to remember when to take the drug. Dose adjustments are done basis on the levels of blood pressure. Always take the medicine as instructed by your doctor.
For how long to take it?
It is important to take the drug as instructed by your doctor. Abrupt discontinuation of medicine can cause adverse reactions. So, before stopping the drug intake, always consult a physician first.
You may need urgent medical attention if you encounter the below listed symptoms:
• Uneven heartbeats
• Breath shortness
Take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the dose and take your next dose at the correct time. Do not double up the dose to compensate for the missed one.
Side effects of the drug:
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are serious, but most of the times they are not. Some common side effects are listed below:
• Dry eyes
• Joint pain
• Decreased libido
Some serious side effects associated with this combination are as follows:
• Feeling like you might pass
• Chest pain
• Dry cough
• Numbness in hands and feet
• Rapid heartbeat or tachycardia
• Skin pale and undesirable reactions like rashes, itches and hives
• Rise in blood sugar levels
Common drug interactions:
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. This way, the doctor is able to give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Carvedilol. Drugs listed below may interact with Carvedilol and can hinder its normal functioning:
• MAO inhibitors
• Insulin or oral antidiabetic drugs
• Other beta blockers and Digoxin containing drugs
• Methadone and Propoxyphene
• Chlorpromazine, etc.
Things to remember:
• If you experience any allergic reaction immediately consult with your doctor
• This medicine can pass into breast milk and may cause harm to the fetal damage
• Abrupt discontinuation of the medicine can cause an acute flare up of coronary artery disease
• This drug affects the pupil during cataract surgery. So always, inform your doctor before going for surgery.