Caxeta 500mg Tablets
Out Of Stock
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma, India|
About the drug:
Capecitabine is a drug administered to treat cancerous condition. Its usage in the treatment of certain neoplastic diseases. The main purpose of this drug is to slow the growth of cancerous cells. It is a chemotherapeutic agent available for oral consumption in the form of tablets.
Uses of the drug:
This medication is employed to reduce the risk and treat cancer. It prevents the growth of cancerous cells in the body and used to treat colon cancer, and breast or colorectal cancer that has spread to other parts of the body.
Working of the drug:
Capecitabine is a fluoropyrimidine carbamate with antineoplastic activity indicated for the treatment of metastatic carcinoma and colon cancer. It's an orally administered systemic prodrug that has very little pharmacologic activity until it's regenerate to fluorouracil by enzymes that are expressed in higher concentrations in several tumours. Capecitabine may be a prodrug that's selectively tumour-activated to its cytotoxic moiety, fluorouracil, by thymidine phosphorylase, an enzyme found in higher concentrations in several tumours compared to traditional tissues or plasma.
This drug Caxeta is manufactured by a well-known pharmaceutical company, Sun Pharma, India. You can buy the drug Caxeta online from alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug Capecitabine comes in the form of Caxeta and is available in the following strength:
- Caxeta 500 mg
To buy Caxeta online, visit alldaychemist.com
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- Are allergic to any ingredient in Capecitabine
- Are on dialysis
- Have blood clots
- Have anemia
- Have severe liver or kidney problems, or uncontrolled high pulmonary blood pressure
Tell your doctor if you:
- About any liver or kidney diseases.
- Smoke or is overweight.
How much to take the drug?
The general dosage of this drug for an adult is completely as per doctor’s advice as it depends on upon the severity and demand of the disease condition. Always follow doctor’s instructions.
How to use the drug?
This drug is meant to be taken orally. Taking this with an adequate water makes it easier to be consumed orally. Fully swallow this drugs with water and subsequently take a deep breath. Don’t chew it and discard the empty wrapper safely. Take your dose at a similar time daily as this can transform into the habit and become convenient for the patient to recollect. Take your physician’s recommendation concerning the time of dose if there's any confusion concerning the dose time.
For how long to take it?
This drug controls your condition, however, doesn’t cure it. It's therefore suggested to take the drug as long as suggested by the doctor even in the case you discover yourself well. Don't stop the drug without doctor’s recommendation.
Too much of this drug is also troubling or serious in several cases. Because of the overdose of the drug you will have a fast or irregular heartbeat, a collection of blood under the skin. Just in case if you're taking an additional dose, consult your doctor and do as instructed.
If you forget to take your medication, do take it as soon as you remember it. In the case of any complications, please contact your doctor right away.
Side effects of the drug:
Tell your physician immediately if you notice any of the following:
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Pain, redness, swelling, sores, or ulcers in your mouth or on your lips
- Pain, blistering, peeling, redness, or swelling of the palms of the hands or bottoms of the feet
- Numbness, pain, tingling, or other unusual sensations in the palms of the hands or bottoms of the feet
- Difficulty with breathing
- Decreased frequency or amount of urine
- Dark urine
- Coughing or spitting up blood
- Cough producing mucus
- Cough or hoarseness (accompanied by fever or chills)
- Clumsiness or unsteadiness
- Chest pain
- Burning, dry, or itching eyes
- Blurred vision
- Bloody or black, tarry stools
- Bloody nose
- Blood in the urine or stools
- Bleeding gums
- Bleeding and bruising
- Back pain
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- Abdominal or stomach cramping or pain (severe)
In such cases, you want to choose immediate medical attention. Don't get alarmed by the list. You may or may not experience all of them.
Common drug interactions:
Consult your doctor regarding the complete list of the medication to be avoided or that you just should watch out of while taking along this drug.
Things to remember:
- Store this drug at room temperature and please avoid it from moisture and heat
- Keep this medicine at a distance from pets and children
- Don’t refrigerate the medicine
- Don’t throw the wrapper of this medication in open
- This medication must be used regularly to be effective