About the drug:
The active ingredient of the drug is Cyproheptadine HCl. It is mainly used to treat seasonal allergies.
Uses of the drug:
The medicine is mainly used to treat seasonal allergic symptoms such as itching, sneezing, watery eye, or runny nose that is mainly caused due to the natural chemical histamine in the body.
Working of the drug:
Cyproheptadine HCl is an antihistamine drug. It works by reducing the chemical histamine in the body which helps in reduction of the seasonal allergies.
The manufacturer of Ciplactin - 4mg is Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, India. You can purchase Ciplactin - 4mg online also.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the tablet form in the following strength
- Ciplactin - 4mg
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug or to any other ingredients of the drug.
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have a history of asthma, glaucoma, high blood pressure, an overactive thyroid or any other ailments.
- Have heart disease
- Are taking any other medicines
- Are allergic to any medicine
- Are pregnant, planning to be pregnant or breast feeding your baby.
How much to take the drug?
The drug should be taken in the prescribed quantity which will be fixed by your doctor after examining you thoroughly.
How to take the drug?
Take the medicine by mouth with a glass of water. Follow the instruction of your doctor while taking the medicine. Do not alter the dosage prescribed for you.
For how long to take it?
The medicine is to be taken for the entire prescribed period of time and should not be stopped in between as it may lead to adverse effect in the body.
Overdose of the medicine may lead to several side effects. Hence overdose of the medicine should be avoided. In case of overdose you must get emergency medical help as soon as you can.
Cyproheptadine HCl is an allergy medicine, you can take it on need basis hence chance of missing the dose is rare.
In case on a regular dosing pattern and if you have missed a dose you must take the medicine as soon as you remember provided there is sufficient gap between two doses. Never double dose to compensate for the missed dose. Since
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the common side effects of the medicine include:
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth/throat/nose
This is not a complete list of side effects that may happen. There may be other side effects as well. In case the side effects persists or gets serious you must get in touch with medical professional as soon s possible.
Common drug interactions:
Before taking the medicine let your doctor know if you are taking any other medicines including herbal medicines and supplement as there are chances of drug interaction. Some medicines which may interact with Cyproheptadine HCl and increase or decrease it working are:
- Anxiety medicines
- Medicines for cod or allergy
- Narcotic pain killer
- Drugs for depression
- Sleeping pills
- Muscle soothers
This is not the only list of medicines that may interact. There are other medicines that may interact as well. Also reveal to the doctor in case you are allergic to any medicine.
Things to remember:
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose specified and not for any other purpose.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry pace away from heat, light and moisture.
- Alcohol beverages should be avoided while taking the medicine as it may lead to serious side effects.
- Do not do activity that requires high degree of awareness such as driving, operating any machinery and so on as taking the medicine may make you feel dizzy
|US Brand Name||Periactin|
|Generic Name||Cyproheptadine HCL|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
Items 1 to 10 of 11 total
Items 1 to 10 of 11 total