|Generic Name||Amoxicillin 500 + clavulanic Acid 125 mg|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|10 Tablet/s||US$ 0.85||US$ 8.50|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.67||US$ 20.0022%US$ 25.50|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.58||US$ 35.0031%US$ 51.00|
Cipmox CV 625(500+125) mg
Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid is a combination product. This is a combination antibiotic that consists of two ingredients:
- Amoxicillin trihydrate, a B-lactum antibiotic
- Clavulanic acid , a B-lactamase inhibitor
The combination of these two products is used to treat various infections caused by bacteria. Antibiotics are not meant to fight viral infections like cold, flu etc. the bacterial infections such as that of ears, lungs, sinus, skin, and urinary tract etc. can be treated using this combination drug.
Understanding the drug:
How it works?
This drug consists of a combination of two products amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid. Amoxicillin works by stopping the growth of bacteria. Amoxicillin is penicillin like antibiotic. While on the other hand Clavulanic acid works by stopping the bacteria from destroying the amoxicillin.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to amoxicillin or penicillin or any other antibiotic or Clavulanic acid
- Are pregnant or planning to have a baby
- Are a breastfeeding mother
- Have or ever had kidney problems or any kind of liver problems
- Have asthma or hay fever
- Are taking oral contraceptives as this drug may inhibit the action the oral contraceptives. So, consult your doctor about that too.
- Are below 16 years of age
What are the strengths available?
The following strengths of the combination product are available:
- Cipmox CV 625(500+125) mg
- Augmentin 1000 ( 875-125 mg)
- Augmentin 625 (500-125 mg)
- Augmentin dry syrup 30 ml
- Augmentin-375 (250/125 mg)
Who is the manufacturer?
Augmentin products are manufactured by GSK and the Cipmox is manufactured by Cipla, both leading pharmaceutical companies. The products are available in various pack sizes on our website.
How much to take?
Dosage depends upon your age, weight, medical condition and your response to the treatment. Hence doctor will decide your dose. Take the dose exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Never take two 250 mg tablets to substitute one 500 mg tablets.
How to take?
The drug comes in various forms like chewable tablets, tablets and syrups. The drug is usually recommended to be taken with the meal or snack. The tablets can be swallowed easily with a glass of water; chewable tablets should be thoroughly chewed before they are swallowed. Syrup bottle should be properly shaken before each dose and should be carefully measured using a measuring device or spoon. Do not use household spoon as it may give incorrect measurements.
When to take?
The doctor usually recommends it either three time a day after every eight hours or two times a day after every 12 hours. Take the dose as prescribed by him. It is recommends that the dose should be taken with the meal or snack or right after it .
For how long should it be taken?
You should take the dose until you finish the prescription. Do not change the dose or stop it even if you feel better. You should complete the dose.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
You may require urgent medical help in this situation. In such a case visit nearest healthcare center or call your doctor immediately.
What if you miss the dose?
In case you forget to take the dose, skip the dose and take the next dose on the recommended time period if it’s too late but if it’s less than 1 hour of the meal then go and take it. Do not double up the dose for the missed one.
What are the side effects?
Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any of the following:
- Severe skin rash
- Mild skin rash
- Vaginal itching and discharge
- Upset stomach
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
In above cases you must go for immediate medical help. Do not get alarmed by the list. You may /may not experience all of them. Tell your doctor immediately in the above situations.
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Certain other drugs can interact with amoxicillin and increase the risk of serious muscle problems. So it is necessary to consult your doctor about the following drugs such as:
- BCG Vaccine Live
- Typhoid Vaccine Live
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Do not share this medicine with anyone else even if he has same symptoms as you do.
- Do not use this medication for any other infection without referring to the doctor.
- In case you do not feel comfort after completing the dose prescribed by the doctor then consult with your doctor immediately.
- The safety and efficacy of this drug is not established in children below 16 years of age.
- Do not freeze the medicine and store the medicine at room temperature.