Combivent 20 mcg 100 mcg (200 doses)
Out Of Stock
|Generic Name||Ipratorium Bromide - Salbutamol Sulphate|
|Manufacturer||Boehringer Ingelheim, USA|
About the drug:
Duolin is a dual drug combination having Ipratropium Bromide and Levosalbutamol Sulphate in it. Duolin is available in a metered dose inhaler dosage forms. Inhalers are one of the most preferred dosage forms for delivering medicine to the asthma patients. This dosage form renders targeted delivery of the drug at the site of action. It is also known as “Puffers”. It is a small handy device having canister and the curved mouthpiece. This drug is mixed with a propellant.
Uses of the drug:
It is indicated for the treatment and prevention of Broncho-spasm associated with reversible COPD, chronic bronchitis and emphysema. These ingredients present in the drug are released on the Muscarinic and beta2-adrenergic receptors present in the lungs. This all leads to dilation of the narrowed bronchioles.
Inhaler dosage form renders following benefits:
- More amount of drug reaches the lungs
- Avoid drug wastage
- User friendly and can be taken by patients of all age groups
Working of the drug:
- It contains one active ingredient Ipratropium Bromide and Levosalbutamol Sulphate. It is a synthetic potent Glucocorticoid which exerts anti-inflammatory properties. This dual combination effectively produces hassle free breathing process. They collectively relax the muscles and increase the airflow to the lungs.
- Ipratropium Bromide
- It blocks the release of acetylcholine at the junctions of the lungs. This all causes relaxation of the smooth muscles and clear the airways. Duolin prevents Asthma attack and is not effective in emergency asthma conditions
It is a rapid acting beta receptor agonist as it stimulates them and causes smooth muscle relaxation. Its main goal is to stop the production of inflammatory chemicals that constantly blocks the airways and hinders smooth breathing activities. This ingredient helps in relaxing the constricted bronchioles and prevents unwanted symptoms like wheezing, coughing and choking.
Duolin Inhaler is manufactured by Cipla Pharmaceuticals Ltd, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our website and you can buy the Duolin Inhaler online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
Duolin Inhaler is available in one strength combination having an active ingredient Ipratropium Bromide and Levosalbutamol Sulfate in it:
• Duolin inhalers 50 mcg + 20 mcg
Before taking the drug:
• Do not take the drug if you:
- You are allergic to any of the ingredients present in Duolin Inhaler
- Your age is less than 4 years
- Are suffering from narrow angle glaucoma
- Tell your doctor if you:
- You have prostate related problems
- You are planning to become pregnant or breast feeding
- You have cardiovascular diseases
How much to take the drug?
Generally, one to four doses are taken each day by the patient. The best dose intake is prescribed by the Doctor depending upon the severity and demand of the disease condition. Always follow doctor’s instructions. Doses can vary widely and is required to be taken on a regular basis.
How to take the drug?
Doctor is the one who is going to decide the proper dose scheduling. Always follow the instructions mentioned on the leaflet. Discuss with your Doctor or Pharmacist if any doubt arises. Taking medicine in an apt manner is a very crucial step.
- Always check the mouthpiece before using, it should always be clean and dirt free
- Shake the inhaler by holding it in an upright position
- Breathe out the air and completely empty your lungs
- Put the mouthpiece in your mouth and close your lips
- Take a deep breath through your mouth and press the canister to get puff of the medicine
- Remove the inhaler and continue to hold your breath for 10 seconds
- Breathe out through the nose
- Replace the cap and after the gap of two seconds, take the next dose and repeat the steps as mentioned above
Always keep the record of the total number of sprays you have taken. After the consumption of 200 sprays, discard the inhaler spray.
Take the medicine as prescribed by the Doctor. Always try to take the dose at the same time each day; this reduces the chances of missing a dose.
For how long to take it:
Take the medicine as per Doctor’s instructions. Abrupt discontinuation can produce unwanted reactions. This drug is meant to be taken on a regular basis, so keep on taking the drug as long as recommended by the Doctor. You can buy the Duolin Inhaler online at alldaychemist.com.
If overdose, talk to Doctor or Poisons information center for advice. Take medical help as early as possible.
Consult your Doctor if you miss the Dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to catch up.
Side effects of the drug:
Every drug has some side effects associated with it. Duolin also has some unwanted effects, but it is not necessary that everyone will experience them. Some commonly listed side effects are as follows:
- Retention of urine
- Irregular heartbeat
- Irritation in throat
- Dryness of mouth
- Skin rashes and hives
- Headache, etc.
Common drug interaction:
Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. You doctor will provide you the list of drugs to be avoided while taking Duolin Inhaler. Some of the drugs which interact with Duolin Inhaler are as follows:
- Beta blockers like atenolol and propranolol
- Tricyclic antidepressants
- Over-the-counter medicines
- Medicines given in stomach ulcers and irritable bowel syndrome
Things to remember:
- Always take the medicine as per the prescription
- Don’t use the expired drugs
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- This drug doesn’t produce immediate relief so is not given during an acute asthma attack
- If this medicine gets in your eyes, rinse with water immediately as it may cause vision related problems
- Don’t take soya products like soybeans and peanuts