Out Of Stock
|Generic Name||Amiodarone HCl|
|Manufacturer||Torent Pharma, India|
About the drug:
Amiodarone is a potent class III-anti-arrhythmic drug that affects the rhythm of the heart. This drug was discovered in 1961.
Uses of the drug:
This drug is used in the treatment of arrhythmias. Arrhythmia is a condition when the heartbeat is irregular. Our heart beats in below mentioned manner:
• Tachycardia is a condition in which heartbeat is too fast
• Bradycardia is a condition in which heartbeat is too slow
Amiodarone is a drug that corrects the rhythm of the heart and facilitates apt beating of heart. It is one of the most recommended drugs given to the Arrhythmia patients. This drug is given in life threatening or serious condition.
Working of the drug:
Amiodarone belongs to the class of antiarrhythmic drugs and shows the complex blend of electrical activity of the heart. It exhibits various electrical effects such as:
• Prolongs the action potential, i.e. lengthens the heart’s muscle cells
• Lingers on the contraction or the repolarization phase of the heart
• It decreases the speed of electrical conduction
• It reduces the intensity of the normal generation of electrical impulses in the heart
• It reduces the conduction through accessory pathways responsible for arrhythmias
Cardarone 100 mg is manufactured by one of the popular Indian pharmaceutical company, Torrent Pharma. You can easily buy Cardarone 100 mg online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage forms and strengths:
Cardarone tablets are available on our site in two strengths:
• Cardarone 100 mg
• Cardarone 200 mg
Before you take the drug:
• Do not take the medicine if you:
Have an allergy to Amiodarone or any other ingredient present in the medicine
Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
• Tell your doctor if you:
Have heart diseases like AV block
Have kidney disease
Have liver disease
Have a pacemaker implanted in your chest
Have vision related problems
Have electrolyte imbalance, i.e. extreme low potassium and magnesium levels
How much to take the drug?
Always take the dose as prescribed by the physician. It is very important to consume medicine timely. Various factors are observed before prescribing a disease. The doctor is the one who will prescribe the best suitable dose for you. The initial recommended dosage starts from 100 mg and can be increased or decreased depending upon the patient’s severity of the condition.
How to take the drug?
You must swallow the whole tablet with one glass full of water. Do not crush or chew it. The dose intake is decided by the doctor only. Amiodarone can be taken two or three times a day for the first week and then the dose can be subsequently increased or decreased depending upon the patient’s response and condition. It is best to take it at the same time daily because it shows best results and helps to remember when to take the drug. Always take the medicine as instructed by your doctor.
For how long to take it?
It is important to take the drug as instructed by your doctor. Abrupt discontinuation of medicine can cause adverse reactions. So, before stopping the drug intake, always consult your physician first. You can buy Cardarone 100 mg online at alldaychemist.com.
You may need urgent medical attention if you encounter the below listed symptoms:
• Extreme dizziness
Take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the dose and take your next dose at the correct time. Do not double up the dose to compensate for the missed one.
Side effects of the drug:
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are serious, but most of the times they are not. Some common side effects are listed below:
• Decreased libido
• Changes in taste receptors
• Loss of appetite
• Thinning of hair
• Excessive sweating
• Dry eyes
Some serious side effects associated with this combination are as follows:
• Skin rashes
• Swelling in the neck
• Poor motor coordination
• Muscle pain and weakness
• Uncontrolled shaking of a part of the body
• Swelling hands, feet and legs
• Rapid weight gain
Common drug interactions:
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. This way, the doctor is able to give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Amiodarone. Drugs listed below may interact with Amiodarone and can hinder its normal functioning:
• Antipsychotic drugs
• Antiepileptic drugs like Phenytoin and Carbamazepine
• Narcotic drugs
• Losartan and Valsartan
Things to remember:
• If you experience any allergic reaction immediately consult with your doctor
• Avoid drinking alcohol as it increases the side effects of Amiodarone
• Avoid the intake of salt or potassium substitutes while taking this medicine. Always ask the doctor first
• This drug causes bit dizziness so be careful while sitting or lying somewhere
• This drug can cause blue or gray marks on your skin when exposed to the sun