Cyclomune .05% 3 ml Eye Drop
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma, India|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|1 Eye Drop/s||US$ 14.00||US$ 14.00|
|3 Eye Drop/s||US$ 11.00||US$ 33.0021%US$ 42.00|
|6 Eye Drop/s||US$ 9.83||US$ 59.0030%US$ 84.00|
About the drug:
The active ingredient of the drug is Cyclosporine Opthalmic. It is an immunosuppressive agent. The medicine is mainly used to reduce inflammation in the eyes.
Uses of the drug:
It is used in the treatment of dry eye that may be because of inflammation.
Working of the drug:
The medicine works by reducing the inflammation in the eyes.
The manufacturer of Cyclomune - 0.05% is Hetero Labs. Ltd. You can purchase Cyclomune - 0.05% Online also.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the eye drop form in the following strength
- Cyclomune - 0.1% (3 ml)
- Cyclomune .05% - 3 ml Eye Drop
- Cyclophil Me - 100 mg
- Cyclophil Me - 25mg
- Cyclophil Me - 50 mg
Before you use this drug:
Do not use this drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug or to any other ingredients.
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are suffering from any other eye infection
- Are pregnant, planning to be pregnant or breast feeding your baby
- Are allergic to any medicine
- Are taking any other medicine
- Are suffering from any other ailments
How much to use the drug?
The dose of the medicine depends on several factors such as severity of condition, response to treatment, drug interaction and so on. You doctor will fix the dose after examining the condition of your eye thoroughly. The dose as prescribed by your doctor should be strictly followed for best results. The medicine under normal circumstances needs to be applied twice a day with a minimum gap of 12 hours. This may however vary as per the instruction of your doctor.
How to use the drug?
Ensure that you follow a high degree of hygiene when using the medicine. Follow the instruction of the doctor while applying the medicine. Do not touch the top of the medicine bottle as chances of contamination are high. Wash your hands properly before and after application of the medicine. In some cases application of artificial tears may be required during the treatment. It is best to put artificial tears in your eyes at least after a gap of 15 minutes after putting Cyclosporine Opthalmic Suspension.
For how long to use it?
The medicine is to be used for the entire prescribed period of time and should not be stopped in between as it may lead to adverse effect in the body.
Overdose of the medicine is not like to happen. However in case of overdose of medicine you must get in touch with your doctor as soon as you can.
In case of missed dose you must apply the medicine as soon as you remember provided there is sufficient gap between two doses. Never double dose to compensate for the missed dose. Application of the medicine at the same time each day can reduce the chance of missing any dose.
Side effects of the drug:
There are every few side effect that may take place when applying this medicine. You may face the problem of redness, itching, swelling on the eye, blurred vision, uncomfortable feeling in the eye and so on. However, the side effects will fade away after some time. In case the side effects persist for some time or gets serious then you must get in touch with your doctor as soon as you can. The above list is not the complete list of side effects that may happen. There may be other side effects as well.
Common drug interactions:
There are few drugs which may interact with Cyclosporine Ophthalmic Suspension and result in drug interaction. Hence it is best to tell your doctor in case you are using any other medicine at the same time so that he can check for a possible drug interaction. In case you are allergic to any drug you must reveal that as well.
Things to remember:
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose specified and not for any other purpose.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry pace away from heat, light and moisture.
- Do not wear contact lenses while you are applying the medicine. There should be a gap of at least 15 minutes between administering the medicine and wearing the contact lenses.
- Wash your hands properly before and after application of the medicine so that there is no chance of any eye infection.
- Even after using the medicine for prescribed period of time if the situation does not improve then you must visit your doctor again.
- Do not use any other eye drop while using Cyclosporine Ophthalmic Suspension as it may lead to adverse effect.
- When this medicine is used it may result in blurred vision. Hence it is advisable not to indulge in activity that requires lot of mental alertness such as operating heavy machinery, driving and so on as chances of accidents are high.