|Manufacturer||Pfizer PGM, France|
|Pack Size||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Capsules||US$ 0.98||US$ 29.50|
|60 Capsules||US$ 0.90||US$ 54.008%US$ 59.00|
|90 Capsules||US$ 0.84||US$ 76.0014%US$ 88.50|
About the drug:
Clindamycin HCl is a powerful antibiotic drug that is efficient enough to treat severe bacterial skin problems like acne. Clindamycin was first made in the year 1967 and it got enlisted as one of the essential drugs of WHO list of essential medicines.
Uses of the drug:
Clindamycin HCl oral is an antibiotic drug that fights bacterial infections. It is prescribed for the treatment of severe acne, infections of stomach, bacterial Pneumonia, Pus in lungs and bacterial infections of abdominal cavity lining, etc.
Working of the drug:
Clindamycin HCl is an antibiotic, and it works by killing the bacterial colonies that are causing infections.
Dalacin Capsules (150 mg) is manufactured by Pfizer. You can buy Dalacin 150 mg Capsules online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the Capsules form in the following strength on our website:
- Dalacin capsules (150 mg)
- Dalacin C capsules (150 mg)
Cindamycin is also available in form of capsules, but as Clindamycin HCl.
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to this drug or any of the other ingredients present in this medicine
- Are taking erythromycin or any other acne treatment drug
- Have any kind of other skin conditions or history of eczema, sunburn and sun sensitivity
- Are pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have blood pressure or kidney problems
- Have serious liver problem
- Have crohn’s disease and a history of eczema
- Have serious heart complaint
How much to take the drug?
Antibiotics shouldn't be taken without a doctor's prescription. Remember to follow the dosage set by your doctor. In general four 150 mg tablets are prescribed in a day. Take Clindamycin HCl exactly as directed by your doctor. Do not alter the course of the medication in any way (do not take more or less than the prescribed dosage). Also do not take it after the period for which the medication was prescribed is over. Refer to the instructions in the leaflet provided with the drug for detailed information of that particular medication.
How to take the drug?
Take the capsule religiously four times in a day with a glassful of water. It may be taken with or without food. The dosage is based on various factors like sex, weight of the body and condition of the patient. Proper care of the infected area is necessary
For how long to take?
Use this medicine as long as the doctor tells you to take. Use the medication exactly as directed. Never use more or less of it or use it more often than prescribed by your doctor.
In case of overdose or in case if you feel any discomfort, then get emergency medical attention or call the doctor immediately.
Do not miss a single dose of Clindamycin HCl. However, if you do miss a dose, take it as soon as your remember it. Do not take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Instead continue with the original schedule. Never take multiple doses closer to each other
Side effects of the drug:
- Some common side effects of Clindamycin HCl are nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea. If any of these side effects don't subside after sometime or deteriorate, stop using Clindamycin HCl and seek immediate medical help.
- A serious side effect due to Clindamycin HCl is rare but get medical attention right away if you experience any of these conditions: sign of liver damage (joint pain or swelling, yellowing of skin or eyes, dark urine or change in amount of urine). Taking this medicine for prolonged or repeated periods can result in oral thrush or a new vaginal yeast infection. Get medical attention right away if you notice white patches in your mouth, a change in vaginal discharge, or other new symptoms.
- The side effects mentioned above are not all the possible side effects due to Clindamycin HCl. There may be others. If you experience any serious side effects, stop using this medication and get emergency medical attention.
Common drug interactions:
Before taking Clindamycin HCl, inform your doctor if you use any other medicines (prescription, OTC, or herbal products), especially these ones: erythromycin, kaolinpectin, or if you have taken a live vaccine (typhoid, BCG) recently. These drugs can interact with Clindamycin HCl. However, these are not the only possible interacting drugs. There may be others.
Things to remember:
- Antibiotic associated diarrhea is a common side effect of any antibiotic medicine. Do not use any diarrhea medicine without your doctor's advice
- Skipping or discontinuing the medicine halfway will lead to relapse of your infection which can be drug resistant and difficult to treat with common antibiotics