About the drug:
The active ingredient of the drug is Clopidogrel. It has an anti platelet activity and is used in the prevention of blood clots in blood vessels and heart.
Uses of the drug:
The medicine is prescribed for treating angina or chest pain. It is also given in stroke, myocardial infarction and peripheral arterial disease.
Working of the drug:
The medicine works by preventing the formation of blood clots in heart and blood vessels. It prevents clotting of blood. Platelets are a type of cells that is found in blood and it is responsible for forming blood clots. Clopidogrel ensures smooth flow of blood as it prevents the formation of this clots. It is on of the most recommended preventive drug that is given in case of heart and its related disorder.
The manufacturer of Deplatt - 75mg Is Alcon Laboratories Inc, USA. You can purchase Deplatt - 75mg online also.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the tablet form in the following strength
- Deplatt - 75mg
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug or to any other ingredient.
- Are pregnant, planning to be pregnant or breast feeding your baby.
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have liver or kidney disease.
- Have diabetes or thyroid problems
- Have bleeding or blood clotting disorders
- Have severe bladder infection
- Have stomach ulcers or ulcerative colitis
- Are taking any other medicines so that your doctor can check for possible drug interaction.
How much to take the drug?
The dose that will be prescribed depends on several factors such as age, weight, severity of condition, response to treatment, drug interaction and so on. Your doctor will provide you with the medicine after examining you thoroughly. Usually the dose that is prescribed is 75 mg per day as a single dose. However, it may vary on a case to case basis.
How to take the drug?
The tablet is to be taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor and preferable at the same time each day. It should be taken by mouth with the help of a glass of water. The medicine should not be crushed or broken but taken as a whole.
For how long to take it?
The drug is to be taken for the prescribed period of time as mentioned by your doctor. You must not stop the medicine in between without consultation of your doctor.
In case of overdose of the medicine you may require urgent medical help as overdose of the medicine can lead to several side effects.
If you forget to take a dose then you should take it as soon as you remember provided it is not close to the next dose. If the next dose is close then you must skip the missed dose and follow the regular schedule. Do not double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the side effects of the medicine include:
- Persistent nausea
- Bloody stools
- Mood changes
- Irregular heartbeat
- Chest pain or heavy feeling
- Light headedness, fainting
- Sudden vision loss
- Coughing up blood or vomit
- Pale skin, fever and jaundice
- Sudden hearing loss
If the above side effects persist for long then you must visit your doctor as soon as possible.
Common drug interactions:
There are certain medicines which may interact with Clopidogrel and thereby increase or decrease the working of the medicine. Hence it is necessary to consult your doctor before consuming any other medicine along with Clopidogrel. Some of the medicines which may interact are:
- Antibiotic such as Clarithromycin, Erythromycin or others
- Antidepressant such as Rifampin, Rifabutin, Rifapentine
- Antifungal medication such as Itraconazole
- High blood pressure drugs
- HIV/AIDS medications like Ritonavir, Atazanavir, Darunavir or others
- Prostate disorder drugs
Things to remember:
- You must not exceed the dose prescribed by your doctor.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose specified and not for any other purpose.
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- This medicine can affect your ability to operate machinery or drive. Hence be careful while doing any activity that requires high alertness.
- It is best to avoid a high fat diet for the medicine to work effectively. Also stick to the diet chart fixed by your doctor.
- Do not consume alcohol whicl taking the medicine as it may lead to side effects.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry place away from heat, light and moisture.
|US Brand Name||Plavix|
|Manufacturer||Torent Pharma, India|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
(Based on 1 ratings)
Write a Review