Out Of Stock
|Generic Name||Medroxyprogestrone Acetate|
|Manufacturer||Elder Pharma, India|
About the drug:
The medicine is a progestin hormone that is prescribed mainly for menstrual problems, prevention of pregnancy and breast cancer. The medicine contains the active ingredient Medroxyprogestrone Acetate.
Uses of the drug:
The tablet is used in the control, prevention, treatment and improvement of the following symptoms, diseases and condition:
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
Working of the drug:
The medicine improves the patients' condition by preventing an egg release from the ovaries, by thickening of the mucus at the entrance of womb and by bringing changes in the lining of the womb.
Deviry is manufactured by Elder Pharma, India. The drugs are available on our website under various pack sizes. To buy Deviry 10 mg online visit alldaychemist.com
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug is available in the form of tablet under the following brand name and strength on our website:
- Deviry 10 mg
Buy Deviry 10 mg online at discounted price.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient Medroxyprogestrone Acetate or any other ingredient of the drug.
- Are pregnant or planning to be pregnant.
- Are breast feeding your baby.
- Have a history of blood clots, have vaginal bleeding due to unknown reason, have bleeding in the brain.
- Are a child unless otherwise prescribed by your doctor.
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have diabetes
- Have liver problem
- Are allergic to any medicine
- Are taking any other medicine
How much to take the drug?
The medicine should be taken as per the instruction of the doctor. The dosage of the medicine is fixed after consideration of several factors such as severity of condition, age and weight off the patient, response to treatment and drug interaction. Usually the dosage that is prescribed is 5 or 10 mg daily for 5 to 10 days.
How to use the drug?
Take the medicine at same time everyday so that you do not miss the dose. The doses should not be more than 24 hours apart. The medicine is to be taken by mouth with or without food with the help of water.
For how long to use it?
The medicine is to be taken for the entire period as prescribed by your doctor. You must not stop the medicine mid way after you start feeling better.
Overdose of the medicine may result in several side effects such as vomiting, nausea, dizziness, breast tenderness, drowsiness/fatigue and abdominal pain amongst others. Hence, it is advisable to take only the dose recommended by your physician and not take more dose.
In case of missed dose you may take the dose as soon as you remember. However, do not take the missed dose if time for the next dose is near. Do not take two doses at once.
Side effects of the drug:
The common side effects that may occur when using Deviry tablet are:
- Breast pain
- Change in sex drive
- Change in appetite
- Cushingoid syndrome
- Painful menstruation
- Hot flashes
- Increased weight
- Facial palsy
- Decreased libdio
- Excess bleeding
- Unexpected pregnancy
- Fast heart rate
- Pulmonary embolus
- Change in appetite
- Rectal bleeding
- Joint inflammation
- Difficulty in breathing
- Excessive sweating
The above list is not a complete list of side effects that may happen. There are other side effects as well. It is wise to consult a doctor when such side effects happen.
Common drug interactions:
Medicine interaction may decrease or increase the activity of Deviry tablet when it is taken along with other medicines. Some of the medicines which may interact with the tablet Deviry are:
This is not a complete list of medicines that may interact with Deviry tablet. It is best to maintain a list of medicines that you are taking currently and also a list of medicines you are allergic to and hand it over to your doctor before he prescribes you with the medicine.
Things to remember
- Store the medicine at room temperature away from heat, light and moisture. Also, keep it away pets and children.
- Do not take alcohol when you are taking this medicine. The medicine may cause drowsiness and intake of alcohol may worsen the problems.
- The intake of medicine may cause skin patches on your face. It is advisable to avoid exposure to sun as it may make the patches darker. Wear protective clothing and apply sun screen when you are exposed to sun.
- Do not perform activity which requires you to be alert at all times such as driving or operating heavy machinery as the medicine may cause drowsiness and can lead to accidents.
- Take the medicine only for the purpose for which it has been prescribed and not for any other purpose.
- It is advisable not to share the medicine with anyone else even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.