About the drug:
Memantine and donepezil is an N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA)-receptor antagonist and cholinesterase inhibitor combination drug. This is a medication used for Alzheimer’s disease as this combinations helps in improving the function of the nerve cells in the brain. It is a drug used for the treatment of mild to moderate Alzheimer related dementia.
Uses of the drug:
Donapezil is prescribed mainly for people with mild to moderate dementia induced by Alzheimer’s disease. It helps the brain to improve its functions and abilities to think, communicate and remember.
Donapezil may also be given for treatments other than those listed above.
Working of the drug:
Donapezil functions by preventing the breakdown of an organic neurotransmitter chemical called acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is crucial for the processes of memory, thinking, and reasoning. The level of this chemical is usually lower than normal in people with dementia.
Memantine is an NMDA receptor antagonist that works by blocking the excess activity of the some substances in brain known as glutamate. This in turn reduces the symtptoms associated with Alzheimer’s disease.
Donamem is manufactured by Sun Pharma, India. The drugs are available on our website under various pack sizes. To buy Donamem (5+10) mg online, visit alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug is available in the form of Tablet under the following brand name and strength on our website:
- Donamem (5+10) mg
Buy Donamem (5+10) mg online at alldaychemist.com.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- Are allergic to this active ingredient Donapezil/Memantine or any other ingredient of the drug
- Have allergies to the food and medicines
- Are pregnant or planning to be pregnant
- Are breastfeeding as the drug may pass into the breast milk
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have a diabetes history
- Have a seizure disorder
- Have heart rhythm problems (arrhythmia)
- Have the condition of vertigo or very fast heart beat
- Have high blood pressure
- Have a history of epilepsy
How much to take the drug?
Take the drug exactly as prescribed by the doctor. The amount of medicine that you take depends on the strength of the medicine and the condition of the patient. Do not use more of it and do not use it more often than your doctor ordered.
How to take the drug?
If you are taking the tablets, then you can just swallow the tablets with a glass of water. Do not break, chew or crush the tablet before taking. Do not try to dissolve the Tablets, take it as full. you can tke the tablets with or without food.
Take the medicine as prescribed by the Doctor. Try to take the dose at the same time each day; this reduces the chances of missing a dose.
For how long to take it?
Do not stop taking the tablets or change the dose without consulting with your Doctor. This drug is meant to be taken on a regular basis, so keep on taking the drug as long as recommended by the Doctor.
If overdose, talk to Doctor or Poisons information center for advice. Take medical help as soon as possible.
If you miss a dose of this drug, take it as soon as you remember. Do not take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Do not take two doses at once. Taking multiple doses near to each other can lead to excess medication in your body which can be dangerous.
Side effects of the drug:
- You may witness or experience some side effects while taking the drug. Some of the side effects are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, appetite loss, or weight loss. Seek emergency medical attention if any of these effects persist for a longer period or deteriorate further.
- Any serious side effect is rare but get in touch with your doctor immediately if you have any of these serious side effects: fainting, unusually slow heartbeat, difficulty while urinating, seizures, black or bloody stools, bloody vomit that looks like coffee grounds, stomach pain/abdominal pain, or irregular heartbeat.
- These are not the only side effects of this medication. There may be others. Contact your doctor right away if you experience any serious side effects or if your condition worsens after taking Donapezil.
Common drug interactions:
Some drugs can interact with Donapezil and Memantine. Let your doctor know in advance if you are already using any of these interacting drugs: Erythromycin, Galantamine, Paroxetine, antifungal medicine like ketoconazole or others, Rivastigmine, Atropine, Belladonna, Scopolamine, Bladder or Urinary Medicines such as Darifenacin, Flavoxate, Oxybutynin or others, Bronchodilators such as Ipratropium or Tiotropium, Irritable Bowel Medicines such as Dicyclomine, Hyoscyamine, or Propantheline, ulcer medications like mepenzolate or glycopyrrolate, or nsaids such as ibuprofen, celecoxib, naproxen, or others.
The list of drugs mentioned here in this guide is not a complete one and there may be other interacting drugs. Share the list of all present medication which you may be using with your doctor. Never start a new medication on your own.
Things to remember:
- Donapezil containing drugs may impact your thinking capabilities and reflexes. So, take extra care while indulging in activities that require a high degree of mental awareness and thinking such as driving
- If you are scheduled for a surgery, you may be required to suspend taking this drug for a short period. Notify your surgeon well in advance that you are taking this medication
|US Brand Name||Donamem|
|Generic Name||Donepezil + Memantine|
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma, India|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
Write a Review