About the drug:
The active ingredients of the drug are Dorzolamide Hydrochloride - Timolol Maleate. It is an eye care medication used mainly in treatment of glaucoma.
Uses of the drug:
The medicine is mainly used for the treatment of glaucoma and other causes of high IOP. High intraocular pressure is one of the main reasons and major risk factor for glaucoma.
Working of the drug:
The medicine works by reducing the amount of fluid in the eye and thereby lowering pressure inside the eye.
The manufacturer of Dorzox T - 5 ml Eye Drop is Cipla, India. You can purchase Dorzox T - 5 ml Eye Drop online also.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the eye drop form in the following strength
- Dorzox T - 5 ml Eye Drop
Before you use this drug:
Do not use this drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug or to any other ingredients.
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are suffering from any kidney or liver disease.
- Have a history of asthma
- Have any serious heart conditions
- Have diabetes, narrow angle glaucoma, or a thyroid disorder
- Have any other diseases
- Are taking any other medicines
- Are allergic to any other medicines
How much to use the drug?
The medicine is to be applied in the prescribed quantity as recommended by your doctor.
How to use the drug?
Application of the drug is very easy and should be done exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not alter the dose of the medicine. Also do not put the medicine when your contact lenses are on. Never touch the tip of the medicine bottle so that contamination does not happen. Maintain a gap of at least 10 minutes between two eye drops.
For how long to use it?
The medicine is to be appied for the entire prescribed period of time and should not be stopped in between as it may lead to adverse effect in the body.
An overdose of the medicine is not expected to cause much harm. However, it is best to seek advice of the doctor in case of overdose of the medicine.
In case of missed dose you must apply the medicine as soon as you remember provided there is sufficient gap between two doses. Never double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Side effects of the drug:
Some common side effects of the medicine include:
- Double vision
- Blurred vision
- Dropping eyelid
- Bitter or unusual taste in your mouth
- Burning or stinging in eye
- Feeling like something is in your eyes
The above side effects in normal circumstances will not continue for long. However, if the side effects persist then you must get in touch with your doctor as soon as you can.
Some of the serious side effects of the medicine includes:
- Swelling or redness in the eye
- Sensitivity to light
- Eye discomfort
- Crusting of your eyes or eye lids
- Signs of infection such as chills, fever, sore throat
Get medical help immediately if you are suffering from any of the above side effects. This is not a complete list of side effects that may happen. There are other side effects as well.
Common drug interactions:
Before using Dorzolamide Hydrochloride -Timolol Maleate Ophthalmic you must reveal to your doctor about the medicines that you are taking/using currently so that he can check for possible drug interaction. Some of the medicines that may interact are:
- Oral beta blockers such as propanolol
- Oral carbonic anhydrase inhibitors such as methazolamide, acetazolamide
- Calcium channel blockers such as verapamil, diltiazem
- Some antidepressants
The above medicines may interact with Dorzolamide Hydrochloride - Timolol Maleate Opthalmic and increase or decrease the working of the medicine.
Things to remember:
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose specified and not for any other purpose.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry pace away from heat, light and moisture.
- Application of the medicine may cause blurred vision for some time. Hence it is advisable to avoid activities that require high alertness such as driving, operating heavy machinery and so on.
- It is advisable not use any other eye drop when using Dorzolamide Hydrochloride -Timolol Maleate unless it has been prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not apply the medicine when you are wearing contact lenses. It should be removed first and then after a gap of 15 minutes the medicine should be applied.
- Do not touch the tip of the medicine bottle as chances of contamination are high. Also the tip of the bottle should not come in contact with your eye as it may result in some infection.
|US Brand Name||Cosopt|
|Strength||5 ml Eye Drop|
|Generic Name||Dorzolamide Hydrochloride-Timolol Maleate|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.