Duova Rotacaps 18mcg + 12mcg
Out Of Stock
|Generic Name||Tiotropium Bromide and Formoterol Fumarate|
About the drug:
Tiotropium bromide and Formoterol fumarate combination drug is involved in making breathing easier for the people suffering from, chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder. It is available in the dosage form of capsules containing a dry- powder formulation of the two drugs Tiotropium and Formoterol that is intended for the oral inhalation only with the help of an inhalation product.
Uses of the drug:
Tiotropium bromide is an anticholinergic bronchodilator that relieves the discomfort caused by COPD i.e. chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (chronic bronchitis and emphysema). Formoterol on the other hand is a long-acting bronchodilator.
This combination therapy is used for long term management of severe COPD to treat symptoms, but it is not used for acute exacerbation.
Working of the drug:
The drug acts as a bronchodilator, producing the dilatory effect on smooth muscles and increases the mucus secretion from the nasal passage and bronchioles. Formoterol and Tiotropium bromide, both are rapid-onset and long-acting selective beta-agonist and bronchodilator that relaxes the muscles of the small airways of the lungs (bronchioles) to widen the airways.
This drug Duova is manufactured by a well known pharmaceutical company, Cipla. You can buy the drug Duova Rotacaps online from alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug Tiotropium bromide comes in the form of Rotacaps and is available in the following strength:
Duova Rotacaps 18mcg +12mcg
To buy Duova Rotacaps online, visit alldaychemist.com
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
Are pregnant, the doctor must be consulted in an urgency to take the medicine to avoid any harm to the fetus
Hypersensitive to Ipratropium or Tiotropium
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are younger than 10 years of age, as the safety of the medicine is not yet established in children
- Have any type of renal or hepatic impairment
- Having Angioderma (swelling of lips, throat and tongue)
How much to take the drug?
The dose intake is prescribed by the Doctor depending upon the severity and demand of the disease condition. Always follow doctor’s instructions.
How to use the drug?
- Do not swallow Rotacaps. This is intended to be taken by inhalation only, using your Rota haler. Rinse your mouth after using as it helps to avoid any kind of throat irritation and dry mouth like conditions. Open the Rota haler capsule by holding it in a horizontal position by keeping white spot up and lighter colored end in the opposite direction. Then gently breathe out and seal your lips around the mouthpiece. Take a full, deep breath in your mouth and hold your breath for up to ten seconds. After that, take a normal breath and throw away the empty capsule shell.
- Take your drug dose at the same time every day as this will become a habit and will be less forgotten by the patient. Take your doctor’s advice about the time of dosage if there is any confusion about the dosage time.
For how long to take it?
This medicine controls your condition, but does not cure it. It is thus advised to take the drug as long as recommended by the doctor even in the case you find yourself well. Do not stop the drug without doctor’s advice.
Too much this drug may be disturbing or serious in many cases. Due to the overdose of the drug you may have a fast or irregular heartbeat; dry mouth or blurred vision. In such a case, visit the nearest health care center or call your doctor.
In case you forget the dose, take it as soon as you remember, as long as it is at least 12 hours before your next dose. Do not double up the dose for the missed one.
side effects of the drug:
Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any of the following:
- Breathing difficulty or worsening of your breathing problems
- Bilateral conjunctivitis
- Dry mouth
- Pounding heart beat
- Wheezing or troubled breathing
- Stuffy nose, nosebleed
- White patches in your mouth or throat.
In such cases you must go for immediate medical help. Do not get alarmed by the list. You may /may not experience all of them.
Common drug interactions:
You should ask your doctor about the full list of the drugs to be avoided or that you should be careful of while taking this drug. There are very few adverse drug interactions encountered with this drug, yet the Co-administration of this drug with other contraindicated drugs may cause harmful side-effects to other people.
Things to remember:
- Rinse your mouth after using the inhaler to prevent dry mouth and throat irritation.
- Do not swallow these Rota caps by mouth
- Clean the device once in a month with water
- This medication must be used regularly to be effective