- The working of Dizone 250 mg Tablet:
- Dizone 250 mg tablet is a prescription drug that supports to treat alcoholism. It works by blocking the alcohol...
|Manufacturer||Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.23||US$ 7.50|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.21||US$ 12.5017%US$ 15.00|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.19||US$ 17.5022%US$ 22.50|
Healthcare providers prescribe Dizone 250 mg Tablet to treat chronic alcoholism. Disulfiram is the generic brand of Dizone tablet which was discovered in the year 1920 to support the treatment of alcoholism. The drug works by producing sensitivity to ethanol and brings the patient out of the stage of intoxication of the drug. The drug discourages the alcohol need by causing some unpleasant side effects such as vomiting, sweating, anxiety, breathing difficulty, choking, etc. The medicine discourages alcohol craving and does not cure alcoholism.
Drinking alcohol while on a Disulfiram (Dizone) treatment may result in fast heartbeats, flushing, thirst, nausea, chest pain, low blood pressure or vertigo. Avoid taking Disulfiram for at least 12 hours after consuming alcohol. Even after you have stopped taking Disulfiram for several weeks, you may still see its effects if you drink alcohol. While taking Disulfiram, you should be careful and aware of some common medications and products which contain alcohol in small proportions like cough syrups, mouth wash, tonics, sauces, vinegar, and several other food products. Make sure to read the product labels carefully for the ingredients as the alcohol content in these products may also cause reactions with Disulfiram. Even alcoholic fumes from products like paints, thinners, solvents can lead to commonly, so be careful.
- Severe liver problems sometimes leading to death have been observed in people taking Disulfiram even without a prior history of liver disease.
- Call or visit your doctor if you face any allergic reactions to Disulfiram like breathing difficulty, swelling on the face, lips, tongue, or throat, and skin hives. Some serious side effects of Disulfiram are severe lethargy, dark urine, seizures, yellowing of the skin or eyes, drastic changes in appetite, severe diarrhea or vomiting.
- Some commonly reported side effects of Disulfiram are acne, skin rash, sore tongue, mild headache, mild drowsiness or tiredness, impotence, unpleasant metallic taste.
- This is not the complete list of all side effects.
- Disulfiram treats chronic or deep-rooted alcoholism. Take the drug exactly as prescribed by the doctor. The amount of medicine that you take depends on the strength of the medicine and the condition of the patient. Do not use more of it and do not use it more often than your doctor ordered.
- Swallow the tablets with a glass of water. Do not break or crush the tablet. Do not dissolve the tablets, take it as full.
- Try to take the dose at the same time each day; this reduces the chances of missing a dose.
- Do not stop taking the tablets or change the dose without consulting with your doctor. This drug is meant to be taken on a regular basis, so keep on taking the drug as long as recommended by the doctor.
- If you overdose, talk to your doctor for advice. If you miss a dose take it as soon as you remember. Do not take the missed dose near the next dose timing. Taking double doses can lead to other health complications.