Finacea Gel 15% (30gm)
Out Of Stock
|Generic Name||Azelaic Acid|
About the drug
Azelaic Acid is a good antiacne medicine and can be prescribed for many other skin related problems. Azelaic acid is the active ingredient of Finacea, Aziderm cream or gel among several other brands. It comes in the form of tablets as well as topical administration Gels or lotions.
Uses of the drug:
- Azelaic Acid aids in quick renewal of the skin thereby reducing pimple and blackheads. It also kills Acne and Rosacea causing bacteria and hence it is used to treat acne and rosacea.
- Azelaic acid may also be used to treat conditions not mentioned above. Azelaic Acid is available in various forms such as creams, gel, and lotions. It is sold under various brands.
Working of the drug:
Azelaic Acid inhibits the fungal enzyme 14-a-demethylase. This prevents the conversion of Lanosterol to Ergosterol. Ergosterol is an essential part of cytoplasmic membrane of fungal cell.
Finecia Gel 15% 30 gm is manufacture by Intendis, Turkey. You can buy Azelaic Acid 30 gm online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the Gel form in the following strength on our website:
- Finecia Gel 15% 30 gm
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to this drug or any of the other ingredients present in this medicine
- have open cuts and wounds near the affected area
- have sun-burnt or chapped skin
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are pregnant
- Are breastfeeding as the drug may pass into the breast milk and harm the newborn
- Have any other skin infection
How much to take the drug?
Use Azelaic acid cream or gel exactly as directed by your doctor. Do not alter the course of the medication from the prescribed course in any way. Your dosage will be determined by your doctor after examining you properly. Generally a small amount of Gel enough to cover the area is taken and applied.
How to apply the drug?
Apply the pea-size amount of the Gel on the affected area twice in day. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Before applying the cream or the gel, wash your hand thoroughly and dry it. Clean the area of application with a gentle soap or soap less cleansing solution and dry the area with a soft towel. Remember not to rub it aggressively or it can deteriorate the condition further. Then apply the proper amount of medication to the affected area. Remember to leave the affected area exposed. Apply a small amount of Gel shows it effect with 3-4 weeks still apply the drug as long as your doctor recommends it to you.
Overdosing on Azelaic acid medication may lead to some serious conditions like severe burning, stinging, itching, warmth, dryness, hives, or changes in skin color. This is not a full list and there may be other reactions. Get urgent medical attention in case of these overdose reactions.
In case you forget to take the dose, skip the dose and take the next dose on the recommended time period. Do not double up the dose for the missed one.
Side effects of the drug:
If any of the side effects continue for long time or deteriorate, seek medical attention right away. Call your doctor right away if you experience any serious side effects due to Azelaic Acid.
Common drug interactions:
Many other drugs can interact with Azelaic Acid. Let your doctor know in advance if you use any of the following drugs: a blood thinner like Warfarin or Clopidogrel, Alfentanil, Cyclophosphamide, Cyclosporine Methadone Pimozide Prednisone Saquinavir, Sirolimus, Tacrolimus, Theophylline, Voriconazole, Antidepressants, Cancer Medicines, cholesterol lowering medicines, heart or blood pressure medicines, NSAIDs, oral diabetes medicines, Rifabutin, Sedative drugs, or seizure medicines.
However, these are not the only medicines that can interact with Azelaic Acid. There may be others as well. Inform your doctor about all other medicines and related products which you may be using. Never start a new medication without consulting your doctor first.
Things to remember:
- Also avoid using skin products which may be harsh on your skin and cause irritation like harsh soaps or cleanser, or skin products containing alcohol, lime, spices, or astringents.
- Avoid alcohol while taking Azelaic Acid as it may cause undesired side effects
- While using Azelaic Acid topical, avoid covering the treated skin areas
- There may also be some diet restrictions imposed on you by your doctor like avoiding spicy foods alcoholic drinks and other such food items which may cause flushing or skin rashes while using Azelaic acid.
- Store this medication in a cool and dry place
- Avoid tight fitting clothes or synthetic clothing
- Remember to follow your doctor’s advice properly for best results
Leading Online Pharmacy
& OTC Products
Leading Online Pharmacy
& OTC Products