Finpecia which is also known as Generic Propecia 1 mg. Finpecia is used by men or can be said that it’s a Product for men. This is not supposed to be consumed by women...Read more
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.33||US$ 10.00|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.27||US$ 16.0020%US$ 20.00|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.24||US$ 22.0027%US$ 30.00|
About the drug:
The active ingredient of the drug is Finasteride. It is used to treat baldness problems in male.
Uses of the drug:
Androgenic alopecia is a male pattern baldness problem that affects nearly 70% of men once in their life time. The balding of men is highlighted by hairline recession at the vertex balding and at the temples. The medicine is also used for benign prostate hyperplasia.
Working of the drug:
The medicine works by converting testosterone into more potent androgen dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Dihydrotestosterone is the main hormone that shrinks the hair follicle which is responsible for baldness and hair loss. As per studies conducted, the medicine works on both the hairline and crown area. However, it shows most of its effects on the crown area.
The manufacturer of Finpecia - 1mg is Cipla, India. You can purchase Finpecia - 1mg online also.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the tablet form in the following strength:
- Finpecia - 1mg
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug or to any other ingredients.
- Are pregnant, planning to be pregnant or breast feeding your baby.
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have liver disease
- Have bladder muscle disorder
- Are unable to urinate
- Are suffering from any other disease
- Are allergic to any other medicine
- Are taking any other medicine.
How much to take the drug?
Usually only one medicine per day. This may however vary on a case to case basis. You doctor will recommend you with the dose after examining you thoroughly. Do not change the dose without the approval of your doctor.
How to take the drug?
The medicine is to be taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. The medicine can be taken with or without food. It needs to be swallowed with a glass of water. Take the medicine as a whole and do not crush or break the medicine.
For how long to take it?
The medicine is to be taken for the entire prescribed period of time and should not be stopped in between as it may lead to adverse effect in the body. The longer the medicine is taken the more positive results one will get. The doctor mostly recommends the medicine to be used continuously for a period of 3 months.
Overdoes of the medicine can lead to several side effects and should be avoided. In case of overdose of the medicine you must get in touch with your doctor as soon as you can.
In case of missed dose you must take the medicine as soon as you remember provided there is sufficient gap between two doses. Never double dose to compensate for the missed dose. Take the dose at the same time each day so that you do miss any of the doses.
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the side effects of the medicine include:
- Swelling in your hands or feet
- Headache runny nose
- Rashes or itching
- Skin rash
- Nipple discharge
- Pain in testicles
- Breast lumps
- Swelling or breast tenderness
- Difficulty in breathing or swallowing
- Swelling of lips or face
- It may cause loss of sexual desire. This may continue for some time after men stop using the drug.
This is not a complete list of side effects that may happen. There may be are other side effects as well. In case the side effects persist or worsens you must get in touch with your doctor as soon s you can.
Common drug interactions:
There are certain medicines which may interact Finasteride and affect its working. Tell your doctor about the medicines that you are taking currently including any prescription, non prescription, herbal medicines, dietary supplements and so on so that he can check for any possible drug interaction. The following drugs may interact with Finasteride and increase or decrease its working:
- St john’s Wort
- Fish oil
This is not a complete list of medicines that may interact there may be other medicines as well.
Things to remember:
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose specified and not for any other purpose.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry pace away from heat, light and moisture.
- Inform your doctor if the condition persists or worsens.
- In order to maintain hair growth, you must continue taking the medicine.
- The medicine is used in men only and should not be used by children or females.