Flixonase Nasal spray 120 metered doses - 50 mcg
US$ 17.53Regular Price
|Pack Size||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|1 Pack/s||US$ 19.50||US$ 19.5017%US$ 23.50|
|2 Pack/s||US$ 18.00||US$ 36.0023%US$ 47.00|
|3 Pack/s||US$ 17.53||US$ 52.6025%US$ 70.50|
About the drug:
Fluticasone Propionate is a synthetic corticosteroid, given on the condition called inflammation. This drug is available in different dosage forms like nasal spray, Diskus and Rota-halers. They are used to relieve allergic signs and symptoms by decreasing the inflammation in the body. It belongs to the class of Corticosteroid drugs.
Uses of the drug:
Fluticasone Propionate is an anti allergy nasal spray given in the following conditions such as:
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis
- Perennial non allergic rhinitis
- Allergic asthma
- Stuffy nose
- Itchy nose
- Discomfort of hay fever
Fluticasone Propionate is available as anti allergic that are used to control the allergic signs and symptoms.
Working of the drug:
Fluticasone propionate is a steroidal drug, and produces anti inflammatory effects. It inhibits the formation of inflammatory mediators which causes allergic symptoms like runny nose, sneezing and sore throat. It stops the biosynthesis of potent inflammatory mediators like prostaglandins and leukotrienes. This way, it stops the allergic signs and symptoms.
Flixonase nasal spray is manufactured by GSK, India. You can buy Flixonase nasal spray 50 mcg online from alldaychemist.com.
Dosage forms and strengths:
The drug, Fluticasone Propionate nasal spray (doses), is available in a single strength:
• Flixonase nasal spray 50 mcg
Before you take the drug:
• Do not take the drug if you:
- Are allergic to Fluticasone propionate
- Have any past record of disease conditions like tuberculosis, lung infection, glaucoma and herpes infection
- Are pregnant or planning to become a pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Tell your doctor if you:
- Are taking oral steroidal medicines
- Have recent nasal injury or surgery
- Are having diabetes,etc.
How much to take the drug?
The dosage is solely decided by the Doctor after assessing your condition and various factors such as age, gender and body weight. One can’t fix the dose as it varies from patient to patient. Generally, Fluticasone Propionate is taken twice each day. The intake of dosage varies from patient to patient. So, doctor will recommend the best therapeutic dose for you Always take the dose as prescribed by the Doctor. You can buy Flixonase nasal spray 50 mcg online from alldaychemist.com.
How to take the drug?
Fluticasone Propionate is taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Read thoroughly all the instructions mentioned on the instruction label. The common way of taking the spray is:
- Gently shake the bottle
- Clear your nostrils by blowing out
- After that wash your hands and take the lid off the bottle
- Press one side of the nostril and squirt one spray into the nostril by keeping your head straight
- Remove the spray and breathe out through the mouth
- Tilt your head backwards to allow the spray reaching back to the nose
- Repeat the steps if second dose is recommended in the same nostril
Always take the medicine as instructed by the Doctor or Pharmacist. Don’t consume the medicine in a greater amount. Consult your doctor before taking the drug.
For how long to take it?
Take the medicine as long as recommended by the Doctor. Always ask the doctor before stopping the intake of the drug.
In case of overdose, immediately consult your concerned doctor. Take medical help if you experience a high degree of sleepiness.
Try to take the medicine at the same time each day. This reduces the chances of missing a dose. Talk to your Doctor if you miss the Dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to catch up with the previous one.
Side effects of the drug:
Every medicine shows some side effects, same way this drug also have undesired effects with it. Fluticasone Propionate shows common side effects such as:
- Runny nose
- Bleeding in the nose
- Stomach pain
Some serious and rare side effects that need serious consideration are stated below:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest tightness
- Vision problems
- Irregular heartbeat
- Breathing difficulties
Common drug interactions:
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. This way, the doctor is able to give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Fluticasone Propionate. Drugs listed below may interact with Fluticasone Propionate and can increase its sedation effect:
- Nefazodene, etc.
Things to remember:
- Always take the medicine as per the prescription
- This medicine is meant to be taken in the nose only. Be cautious while using this spray, avoid getting the spray in the eyes
- Always store the medicine at the room temperature and away from moisture, heat and light
- Discard the nasal spray after using it for six months. Always ask the pharmacist for the proper way of disposal