About the drug:
Fluticasone Propionate is a synthetically produced Corticosteroid, similar to those produced by the adrenal gland. This medicine is a medium strength Corticosteroid and is available in the market in various dosage forms like ointments, nasal sprays inhalers and lotions.
Uses of the drug:
The topical drug form of Fluticasone Propionate is used to treat a variety of skin conditions like such as eczema, psoriasis and rashes. This topical ointment is only recommended for adults and not for children because of the serious side effects. Fluticasone is used to reduce the swelling, itching and redness.
Working of the drug:
This drug contains steroids that work by decreasing the inflammation caused by eczema, psoriasis and rashes. Corticosteroids are known to show wide range of effects on various types of cells like mast cells, eosinophils and neutrophils etc. And also on the mediators like histamines and cytokines that have inflammatory actions.
Flutopic ointment is the product of Systopic, India a leading pharmaceutical company. This drug is available in various pack sizes and you can buy Flutopic ointment 10 gm online from alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths
The drug is available in the form of ointment in a single strength of the active ingredient-Fluticasone Propionate, on our website, alldaychemist.com:
Flutopic ointment 10 gm
Before taking this drug:
• Do not take the drug if you:
- Are allergic to Fluticasone Propionate
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Have poor blood circulation
- Tell your doctor if you:
- Have immune system problems
- Are breastfeeding mother
- Any other kind of ongoing skin allergies
- Have concomitant skin infections,etc.
How much to apply the drug?
The dosage of this drug varies with the age group for which it is suggested and the condition of the patient. Take the drug as directed by your doctor. Generally a small pea sized amount of ointment enough to cover the area infected.
How to apply the drug?
This medication is for application on the skin only, however this medicine should not be used or sensitive skin areas like face, groin, under arms and diaper rashes, unless asked by the doctor to do so. Follow the steps:
- Wash your hands and the area before applying the ointment so as to make them clean and hygienic.
- Dry the skin using a soft towel
- Applying a thin film of ointment over the affected area
- Gently rub it into the skin well
- Avoid applying it to the normal skin
- Wash your hands once you finish handling the medication
- Do not apply near the eyes, mouth, and other mucous membranes
- Do not use large amounts of this medication or apply it more often than directed
- Do not bandage, cover or wrap the area unless told to do so by the doctor
Apply it religiously two times a day so as to fasten the healing process. Proper care of the infected area is necessary. Time to time application of the ointment will prove beneficial and will speed up the healing procedure. You can buy the Flutopic ointment 10 gm online from alldaychemist.com.
For how long to use it?
It is important to continue using your medicine till your inflammations are cured. Do not stop the drug without doctor’s advice.
Application of too much of the ointment may show some harmful side effects. In case you feel any kind of discomfort in the body, then visit the nearest health care center or call your doctor immediately.
In case you forget an application, apply it as soon as possible and then continue as before. It is important that you take the full courses of the ointment without forgetting the application.
Side effects of the drug:
Allergic reactions can occur when ointment is applied on the normal skin. The following side effects can be experienced while using the ointment:
- Mild itching
- Stinging of the skin
- Unusual skin discoloration
- Peeling off
- Burning sensation on the area applied
These are allergic reaction symptoms. In such cases you must wipe off any ointment and tell your doctor as soon as possible and go for immediate medical help. Do not get alarmed by the list. You may /may not experience all of them. Tell your doctor immediately in the above situations.
Common drug interactions:
Some of the drugs may interfere with the working of this ointment and its topical forms like cream and gel too. You should ask your doctor about the full list of the drugs that should be avoided or that you should be careful of while taking Fluticasone. Also check with your doctor about any kind of prescription medicines, OTC or herbal medicines that you might be taking.
Things to remember:
- Never let the medicine to enter into your eyes, if it happens, then flush your eyes with the tap or cold water for many minutes
- The dose and prescription is based on the information given by the patient and the condition being treated
- This medicine is for topical use only and should not be swallowed
|US Brand Name||Flutopic|
|Generic Name||Fluticasone Propionate Ointment|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.