Foracort Inhaler 6/100 mcg (120 Doses)
|Generic For||Symbicort Inhaler|
|Pack Size||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|1 Inhaler/s||US$ 13.00||US$ 13.00|
|2 Inhaler/s||US$ 11.00||US$ 22.0015%US$ 26.00|
|3 Inhaler/s||US$ 9.83||US$ 29.5024%US$ 39.00|
About the drug:
Budesonide-formoterol fumarate is a type of bronchodilator drug. This medicine is used to treat breathing problems like Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
It contains two different types of medicine-Budesonide and formoterol fumarate. Budesonide belongs to a group of medicines called corticosteroids while formoterol fumarate is long-acting beta2 adrenoceptor agonists and Asthma. For Asthma doctor generally prescribes two types of Inhalers:
- Inhalers: to be taken daily to prevent asthma attack symptoms
- A reliever Inhalers: to be taken to relieve the asthmatic attack and make breathing easier.
Uses of the drug:
This medicine is recommended by doctors for the treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Asthma is an inflammatory disease of the airways that narrows them and makes breathing very difficult. Asthma can attack the person of all ages and usually worsens during the night or early morning while COPD is a chronic disease of the airways of lungs specifically caused by cigarette smoking.
Working of the drug:
Inhalers contain Budesonide that works by reducing and preventing swelling and inflammation in the lungs and Formoterol fumarate, a broncho-dilator works by relaxes the muscles in the lungs and hence helps to breathe easily.
Foracort Inhalers 6/100 mcg is manufactured by Cipla, India. It is one of the most trusted names in the pharmaceutical sector of the country. You can buy Foracort Inhalers online from alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
Foracort comes in various forms. Foracort Inhalers are available in various strengths such as:
- Foracort Inhalers 6/100 mcg
- Foracort Inhalers 12/400 mcg
- Foracort Inhalers 6/200 mcg
- Foracort Inhalers 6/400 mcg
To buy Foracort Inhalers 6/100 mcg online, visit alldaychemist.com.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- are allergic to Budesonide formoterol fumarate
- are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- are breast feeding mother
- Tell your doctor if you:
- have high BP
- have severe tuberculosis
- are diabetic
- have severe liver problem
- have thyroid problem
How much to take the drug?
The dosage of this drug varies according to the age group for which it is suggested and the condition of the patient. Take the drug as recommended by your doctor. Use this medicine daily in order to keep your asthma symptoms at bay.
Adults and children (18years and above)
The usual dosage range from 1 inhalation, twice a day. In extreme cases the dosage may be increased up to 2 inhalations, two times daily
For adolescents (1 to 16 years)
The usual dosage range from 1 inhalation, twice a dayIf the symptoms are controlled the doctor may ask you to reduce the inhalation one time a day. Your doctor is the one who decides the right dosage. Therefore the drug must be taken according to the recommended of the doctor or physician.
How to use the drug?
- Follow the steps given by the manufacturer as it requires special preparation before you actually inhale it every time you use it. In case of children the caregiver must make it sure that they use this medicine in a correct technique.
- Take your Inhalers dose at the same time each day. Taking it at the same time each day helps you remember the dose. It will then become a part of your daily routine.
- Take the Inhalers daily to prevent asthma symptoms from happening. The reliever Inhalers are used to treat asthma symptoms when the asthma attacks. Take your doctor’s advice about the time of dosage.
For how long to take it?
This medicine controls your condition, but does not cure it. It is important to continue taking your medicine even if you feel sound. Do not stop the drug without doctor’s advice.
It is advised to take the dosage as recommended by the doctor. Too much of Inhalers may cause a fast or irregular heartbeat, headache and a rapid heart attack. In such a case visit nearest healthcare center or call the FDA emergency helpline.
If you forget to take the dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is too late then do not worry and skip the dose. Do not double up the dose for the forgotten dose.
Side effects of the drug:
Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any of the following:
- Swelling of your face
- Difficulties to breath
- Feeling of faintness
- Acute wheezing
- Abnormal sense of taste or thrush (an infection on tongue)
In such cases you must go for immediate medical help. Do not get alarmed by the list. You may /may not experience all of them.
Common drug interactions:
Some of the drugs may interfere with the working of Symbicort forte Inhalers. Tell your doctor about the medicine you might be taking or have taken recently.
- Xanthine medicines
- Salbutamol or other bronchodilators
- Steroid medicines
- Beta-blocker medicines
- HIV-protease inhibitors (ex. Ritonavir)
- Medicine for Parkinson’s disease and thyroid problems
The above mentioned medicines may cause severe drug interactions. Also tell your doctor if you are taking any anesthesia for operation or for dental work. You should also ask your doctor about the full list of the drugs to be avoided or that you should be careful of while taking Symbicort Forte Inhalers. Also check with your doctor about any kind of OTC, prescription medicines or herbal medicines that you might be taking.
Things to remember:
- Clean the Inhalers regularly
- Young children may need help
- Regular checkups by a doctor is recommended while using this medicine