Out Of Stock
About the drug:
Fosinopril is the main active pharmaceutical ingredient present in Fovas tablets. Fosinopril belongs to a group of medicines called as angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors, or ACE inhibitors that are used to treat high blood pressure problem.
Uses of the drug:
Fosinopril is a medicine known to treat mild to moderate hypertension or a high blood pressure, heart failure, acute myocardial infarction, nephropathy. This medicine helps in keeping blood pressure in control.
Working of the drug:
Fosinopril belongs to a group of medicines called ACE inhibitors and make it easier for the heart to pump blood around the body. This medicine prevents the body from creating a hormone known as angiotensin II by blocking a chemical called angiotensin-converting enzyme. This results in widens or dilation of the blood vessels and help to reduce the amount of water put back into your blood by your kidneys. These actions help to decrease blood pressure.
The drug Fovas is manufactured by Cadilla, India. This drug is available on our website under various different pack sizes. To buy Fovas–10mg tablets online, visit alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug is available in the form of tablets under the following brand name and strength on our website:
- Fovas – 10 mg tablet
Buy Fovas– 10mg online from our website alldaychemist.com.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- Are allergic to this active ingredient Fosinoprilor any other ingredient of the medicine
- Have narrowing of the blood vessels in one or both kidneys
- Are in shock due to heart problems (cardiogenic shock)
- Have a diabetes
- Are pregnant, or planning to get pregnant in the near future.
- Are a breast feeding mother
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have any liver problems
- Have had strokes or heart attacks
- Have any severe kidney problem
- Having a dialysis
- Having a problem with your immune system due to some disease
- Are on a low salt diet
- Have become dehydrated from having recently suffered from vomiting or diarrhea
- Have enlarged heart muscles
- Ever had an allergic reaction to any medicine
How much to take the drug?
The dosage depends upon your weight, age, your medical history and your response to the treatment. Therefore, the correct dose will be decided by your doctor. Take the dose exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Never take two tablets at one time to double the dose.
How to take the drug?
The drug is to be taken daily with food or without food as prescribed by your doctor. The tablet is to be swallowed with a glass of water. Take this drug exactly as your doctor prescribed to you. Do not break or chew the tablet.
For how long to take it?
You should take the dose until you complete the prescription. Do not stop taking the dose even if you feel better and cured. You should complete the prescribed dose.
In case of an overdose, call your doctor immediately, or get emergency medical attention.
If you miss a dose of Fosinopril, then take it as soon as you remember. Never take the missed dose if the next dose time is near. Taking multiple doses at almost the same time can lead to excess medication in your body which can be poisonous and dangerous.
Side effects of the drug:
Vomiting, dizziness, headache, constipation, nausea, diarrhea, and rash are the common side effects of Fosinopril. If any of these effects continuing for a long time or the condition become uncontrolled, contact your doctor immediately.
Fosinopril may rarely cause serious side effects such as:lightheadedness, fever, little or no urination, slow heart rate, weak pulse, fainting, shock, unexplained weight loss.
Common drug interactions:
You must let your doctor know about your medical history in advance and always take the list of all medications with you, which you may be using, especially these ones: gold injections to treat arthritis, lithium, other blood pressure lowering medication such as valsartan, telmesartan, methyldopa, atenolol, verapamil, spironolactone, aspirin, indometasin, ibuprofen, antacids, insulin, diuretics. However, this is not a complete information as mentioning all the details for this drug is quite difficult. There may be other medications that may show interaction. Never start a new medication with consulting a doctor.
Things to remember:
- Do not use this medication for any other disease without consulting with the doctor
- Do not share this medicine with anyone else, even if they have similar symptoms as you are having
- In case you do not feel better and cured after completing the medication, then consult your doctor immediately
- Store the medicine at room temperature. Do not freeze it