Out Of Stock
About the drug:
Vildagliptin is an anti-diabetic drug, and it belongs to an inhibitor class of medications. It is useful is type 2 diabetes Mellitus.Thisdrug is available in the form of tablets for oral administration and should be taken with water.
Uses of the drug:
This medication is employed to reduce hyperglycemia in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Vildagliptin appears to have multiple functional benefits beyond simple blood-glucose control. One of these is a potential protective effect on pancreatic beta cells, which deteriorate in diabetes
Working of the drug:
Vildagliptin inhibits dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4). This, in turn, inhibits the inactivation of GLP-1 by DPP-4, allowing GLP-1 to potentiate the secretion of insulin in the beta cells. Dipeptidyl peptidase-4's role in blood glucose regulation is thought to be through degradation of GIP and the degradation of GLP-1.
This drug Galvusis manufactured by a well-known pharmaceutical company, Pfizer. You can buy the drug Galvus online from alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug Vildagliptin comes in the form of Galvus and is available in the following strength:
- Galvus 50 mg
To buy Galvusonline, visit alldaychemist.com
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- Are pregnant, physicianmust be consulted in an urgency to take the drug to avoid any harm to the unborn
- Hypersensitivity towards Vildagliptin
- Before having surgery, inform your doctor or dentist
- Under Influence of Alcohol
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are younger than 10 years of age, as the safety of the medicine is yet to be established in children
- about any liver or kidney diseases
- have a history of heart disorder
How much to take the drug?
The general dosage of this drug for anadult is one tablet a day but before taking the dosage consult the Doctor as it depends on upon the severity and demand of the disease condition. Always follow doctor’s instructions.
How to use the drug?
This drug is meant to be taken orally. Taking this with adequate water makes it easier to be consumed orally. Fully swallow this drugs with water and subsequently take a deep breath. Don’t chew it and discard the empty wrapper safely. Take your dose at a similar time daily as this can transform into habit and become convenient for the patient to recollect. Take your physician’s recommendation concerning the time of dose if there's any confusion concerning the dose time.
For how long to take it?
This drug controls your condition, however, doesn’t cure it. it's therefore suggested to take the drug as long as suggested by the doctor even in the case you discover yourself well. don't stop the drug without doctor’s recommendation.
Too much of this drug is also troubling or serious in several cases. because of the overdose of the drug you will have a fast or irregular heartbeat; dryness or blurred vision. Just in case if you're taking an additional dose, consult your doctor and do as instructed.
If you forget to take your medication, do take it as soon as you remember it. In thecase of any complications, please contact your doctor right away.
Side effects of the drug:
Tell your physician immediately if you notice any of the following:
- Rapid weight gain
- The general feeling of discomfort or illness
- Fast, irregular, pounding or racing heartbeat or pulse
- Dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up from lying or sitting position
- Cold sweats
In such cases, you want to choose immediate medical attention. Don't get alarmed by the list. You may or may not experience all of them.
Common drug interactions:
Consult your doctor regarding the complete list of the medication to be avoided or that you just should watch out of while taking along this drug.
Things to remember:
- Store this drug at room temperature and please avoid it from moisture and heat
- Keep this medicine at a distance from pets and children
- Don’t refrigerate the medicine
- Don’t throw the wrapper of this medication in open
- This medication must be used regularly to be effective