Grisovin FP 250mg
Out Of Stock
About the drug:
The active ingredient of the drug is Griseofulvin. It is mainly used to treat infection caused by fungus.
Uses of the drug:
Griseofulvin is basically an anti fungal drug that is used to treat infections such as athlete’s foot, ringworm, jock itch, fungal infections of the fingernails, scalp or toenails and so on. The medicine may be used for other purposes also that are not mentioned above.
Working of the drug:
The medicine works by making the skin more resistant to fungal growth.
The manufacturer of Grisovin FP - 250mg is Intas Pharmaceuticals, India. You can purchase Grisovin FP - 250mg online also.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the tablet form in the following strength
- Grisovin FP - 250mg
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug or to any other ingredients.
- Are pregnant, planning to be pregnant or breast feeding your baby.
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are suffering from lupus, liver disease or to any other disease.
- Are allergic to any medicine
- Are taking any other medicine
How much to take the drug?
The drug is to be taken in the quantity prescribed by your doctor. The dose will be fixed after taking into consideration several factors such as age, weight, severity of condition, drug interaction, and response to treatment and so on.
How to take the drug?
Follow doctor’s advice strictly on how to take the drug and avoid making any alterations unless advised by your doctor. Take the medicine only for the prescribed period of time and never exceed it. The medicine is to be taken by mouth with a glass of water. It should be taken as a whole and do not chew or crush the medicine.
For how long to take it?
The medicine is to be taken for the entire prescribed period of time and should not be stopped in between as it may lead to adverse effect in the body.
Overdose of the medicine should be avoided as much as possible as it may lead to several side effects. In case of overdose of the medicine you must get in touch with your doctor as soon as you can.
In case of missed dose you must take the medicine as soon as you remember provided there is sufficient gap between two doses. Never double dose to compensate for the missed dose. Taking the medicine at the same time each day will result in remembering to take the medicine each day..
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the common side effects of the medicine include:
- Sleep disturbance
- Liver problems
- Loss of co-ordination
- Disorder of the peripheral nerves that causes numbness and weakness
- Decreased number of white blood cells in the blood,
In case of the above side effects you must be in touch with your doctor as soon as you can so that the side effects do not turn serious. These are not the only side effects that may happen. There are other side effects as well.
Common drug interactions:
There are several medicines that may interact and increase or decrease the working of the medicine. Some medicines that may interact are blood thinner like warfarin, birth control pills and so on. These are not the only medicines that may interact. There may be other medicines as well. It is best to tell your doctor about the current medicines that you are taking so as to avoid any drug interaction.
Things to remember:
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose specified and not for any other purpose.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry pace away from heat, light and moisture. It should also be kept away from the reach of children and pets.
- Avoid too much exposure to sun as the skin becomes prone to sunburn when you are taking the medicine. It is best to apply a good quality sun screen and also wear covered clothes when going out in the sun in order to avoid sun burn.
- Avoid alcohol when taking the medicine as it may increase the chance of several side effects.
- The medicine must be taken for the entire prescribed period even after the infection has disappeared completely. However, if the full course is not taken, the infection may still be there in the body and hence worsen your condition and cause an infection which is drug resistant.