Out Of Stock
About the drug:
Tetracycline is an antibiotic drug. It is marketed and sold under various trade names such as Hostacycline (made by Aventis).
Uses of the drug:
It is prescribed for the treatment of various infections such as Urinary Tract Infections, Acne, Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, and others.
Working of the drug:
It is antibacterial drug. This antibiotic slows down the growth or reproduction of the bacteria. It does that by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis.
Hostacycline products are manufactured by Ranbaxy, a leading pharmaceutical company. The products are available in various pack sizes on our website like: 30, 60 and 90 tablets.
Dosage form and strengths:
The following strengths of the combination product are available:
- Hostacycline 250 mg
You can buy Hostacycline 250 mg online on alldaychemist.com.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to penicillin or amoxicillin or any other antibiotic
- Have a history of allergie
- It is not recommended for children below 8 years
- Are pregnant or planning to have a baby
- Are a breastfeeding mother as the drug may pass into the mother’s milk
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are having any liver or kidney disorder
- Are elderly (consume only under a supervision)
How much to take?
The usual dose is 250 mg twice a day or 500 mg once in a day. Dosage depends upon your age, weight, medical condition and your response to the treatment. Dosage for children is based on their age and weight.
Hence, doctor will decide your dose. Take the dose exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
How to take?
Take Tetracycline (Sumycin, Hostacycline) strictly according to your doctor's direction or according to the instructions on the medication label. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Also, do not take this medication after the prescribed period is over. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Refer the instructions in them for detailed information on that particular medication.
Take Tetracycline at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal. Always store this medicine in a cool and dry place.
For how long to take it?
You should take the dose until you finish the prescription. Do not change the dose or stop it even if you feel better. You should complete the dose. Penicillin-G-potassium should be taken until the full course completes so as the infection ceases out completely.
In case of an overdose of Tetracycline, get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor immediately. Overdose may lead to nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
It is important to take all doses on time as prescribed. However, if you miss a dose of Tetracycline for reasons out of your control, take it as soon as you remember. Don't take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Taking multiple doses near to each other can lead to excess medication in your body which can be harmful.
Side effects of the drug:
Roxithramycin (Hostacycline) like all medications can cause side effects. However, not all people who take it will experience a side effect. Common side effects are:
- Side effects may include
- Skin rash or itching
- Stomach upset
- Tympanites or excessive gas
If you feel that you have got a serious side effect due to this medication, get medical help right away.
The side effects mentioned above are non exhaustive and there may be other side effects as well. Seek medical help if you witness any other severe side effects.
Common drug interactions:
There are some drugs which can interact with Roxithramycin or vice versa. This medication can reduce the effects of allopurinol. Let your doctor know in advance if you are using this medication or any other medicines. Roxithramycin may also affect Acetest and Ketostix urine tests for ketones.
Drugs other than those mentioned here may also interact with Roxithramycin. Do not start a new medication without going to a doctor or without proper medical advice.
So it is necessary to consult your doctor about the following drugs such as:
- Typhoid Vaccine Live
- BCG Vaccine Live
Things to remember:
- Roxithramycin (Hostacycline) is a prescription-only drug and available only with a doctor's prescription
- Antibiotics can cause diarrhea, which may be a sign of a new infection. If you get watery or bloody diarrhea, stop taking Tetracycline and call your doctor immediately. Do not use anti diarrhea medicine without asking your doctor. Do not take iron supplements, multivitamins, calcium supplements, antacids, or laxatives within 2 hours before or after taking Tetracycline.
- Avoid sunlight or artificial UV light exposure (Sunlamps or Tanning beds). Tetracycline can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight and you can easily get sunburned. If you must venture out in the sun, use a proper sunscreen (minimum SPF of 15) and wear proper protective clothing.
- In case you do not feel comfort after completing the dose prescribed by the doctor then consult with your doctor immediately