|Generic Name||Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate|
|Manufacturer||Logos Pharma or Torrent Pharma, INDIA|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.60||US$ 18.00|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.51||US$ 30.5015%US$ 36.00|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.47||US$ 42.0022%US$ 54.00|
Hydroxyquine tablets contain 200 mg hydroxychloroquine sulfate for oral administration. It helps to reduce inflammation in people with autoimmune disease (where the body’s defence system attacks itself by mistake). HQTOR 200 mg is for the following conditions:
- Rheumatoid arthritis - An inflammatory disease-causing painful swelling in the affected parts of the body. The condition mainly attacks the joints of a person.
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis is the most common type of arthritis in children under 16. It can cause persistent stiffness, pain, and swelling.
- Discoid and systematic lupus erythematosus is a multisystem disorder predominantly affecting the skin. People with this condition get round sores, which usually develop on their face or scalp.
- Skin problems that are sensitive to sunlight.
- Use with cautions in patients with neurological, gastrointestinal, or blood disorders and those with a sensitivity to quinine.
- Antimalarial agents should be used with caution in patients with a liver disorder or alcoholism or in conjunction with known hepatotoxic drugs. A reduction in dosage is generally recommended in such cases.
- People with a deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G-6-PD) should consult their doctor before taking medicine.
- Dermatologic reactions to Hydroxyquine may occur, and therefore, proper care should be taken when given to any patient receiving a medicine with a significant tendency to produce dermatitis.
- Concomitant use of Hydroxychloroquine and digoxin therapy may increase the level of digoxin in the blood. Close monitoring is required in patients receiving combined therapy.
- As HQTOR 200 mg may enhance the effects of hypoglycaemic treatment, a decrease in antidiabetic agents or insulin doses may be required.
- The antimalarial agent should not be used with other drugs that have the potential to induce cardiac arrhythmias.
- Combined methotrexate with Hydroxyquine sulfate may increase the risk of side effects.
- The activity of antiplatelet drugs might be impaired if co-administered with HQTOR 200 mg.
The following side effects may occur with the use of HQTOR 200 mg:
- Cardiac disorders - Cardiomyopathy, which may result in cardiac failure and some cases, can be life-threatening.
- Blood disorders - Anemia, bone marrow failure, leukopenia, and thrombocytopenia
- Ear disorders - Tinnitus, nerve deafness, deafness
- Eye diseases - Bull’s eye appearance, visual disturbances, visual field defects, colour vision abnormalities, corneal changes including corneal deposition of drug with or without symptoms (blurred vision, a halo around lights, photophobia.
You may experience other side effects associated with the use of Hydroxyquine; talk to your doctor if you get any unwanted effects.
Take Hydroxyquine with a meal or a glass of milk. The recommended adult dosage is 200 to 400 mg daily, administered as a single dose or in two divided doses. Do not exceed the dose; the incidence of retinopathy is higher when the dose is exceeded. When it comes to treating rheumatoid arthritis may require weeks to months to achieve the maximum therapeutic effect. In some people, side effects may require a temporary reduction in the initial dosage.
For maximum effects, it is best to use Hydroxyquien 200 mg under the supervision of a doctor.