Idrofos Inj 3mg/3 ml
Out Of Stock
|Generic Name||Ibandronic Acid|
About the drug:
The drug is mainly used in the treatment of brittle and soft bones that mainly occurs due to osteoporosis or other medical conditions.
Uses of the drug:
After menopause women tend to suffer from weak bones i.e. osteoporosis. Also when suffering from breast cancer it often spread to the bones as well. The medicine is taken so as to increase bone mass and prevent any further loss of calcium. It is also used in the treatment of high blood calcium due to a tumour.
Working of the drug:
In order to prevent fracture which happens because of thinning and weakening of bones the medicine is taken. The medicine works by increasing bone mass leading to stronger bones. Hence, chances of fracture in case of osteoporosis and in case of breast cancer patients that has spread to the bones are reduced.
Idrofos Inj is manufactured by Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd. The drugs are available on our website under various pack sizes. To buy Idrofos Inj 3 mg online visit alldaychemist.com
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug is available in the form of injections under the following brand name and strength on our website:
- Idrofos Inj 3 mg
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient Ibandronic Acid or if you are allergic to any other part of the drug
- If you are planning to be pregnant or you have already conceived as it may harm the unborn
- Are breast feeding your baby as it may harm the baby
- Are a child unless otherwise prescribed by your doctor
Tell your doctor if you
- Have kidney problems
- Have low blood calcium
- Have problems related to oesophagus such as difficulty in swallowing
- If you are not able to stay in upright position for at least some time after taking the medicine.
- Have Vitamin D deficiency
- Have problems in the Parathyroid gland as the glad is responsible with production of hormones that are important in calcium metabolism
- If you have cancer
- If you have dental health problems or jaw problems
How much drug to use?
Your doctor after examining you thoroughly will determine your dose. The factors that are taken into consideration for determining the dose are weight, age, severity of conditions, other medical conditions and interaction with other drugs.
How to use the drug?
The medicine is to be taken according to the instruction of the doctor. It works best when with calcium, vitamin D and workout regimes such as physical therapy or walking. It is essential to follow the workout plan and diet plan advised by your doctor.
For how long to take it?
The entire dose as prescribed by your doctor should be taken. The medicine is not to be stopped even if you feel better.
If you suffer from overdose of the medicine you must get medical attention immediately. Some overdose sign and symptoms may include blue or gray skin colour, bad cough, itching, fever, chest tightness, seizures, swelling of face, tongue, lips or throat, belly pain, chest pain, trouble swallowing, stomach upset, nausea, numbness or tingling in your mouth etc. It is best to get medical attention immediately if such side effects take place.
If you miss a dose then you should take it s soon as you remember. However, if it is close to the next dose then you must skip it and take the next dose. Never take multiple doses at the same time as it may cause serious side effects.
Side effects of the drug:
Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any of the following:
- Feeling sick
- Stomach ache
- Joint pain
- Inflammation of the stomach
- Flu-like symptoms
- Muscle pain
- Back pain
- Bone condition with damage to the jaw
- Allergic reaction
Common drug interactions:
Many a times it is not advisable to take two drugs at the same time for fear of drug interaction. Let your doctor know in advance if you are taking any other medicines also. It is important for him to know if you are taking any antibiotics, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, Antacids, Calcium supplements, medicines used to treat iron deficiency or any other medicines that contain calcium, iron, magnesium or aluminium as drug interaction may happen.
Things to remember:
- The medicine should be stored in a cool and dry place away from the reach of children. The medicine must not be used if the expiry date is over.
- If you are taking this medicine it is advisable not to take alcohol.
- You must not share this medicine with any one without the approval of the doctor.
- The medicine is not to be used for any other purpose apart from the one for which it has been prescribed.
- Even after completion of the medicine if you still feel uncomfortable then you must visit your doctor immediately.