Imigran Subject - 6mg/0.5ml
Out Of Stock
About the drug:
Sumatriptan is a pain relief/anti migraine medication used to relieve migraine headaches. Sumatriptan is sold under various trade names. This medication is available as tablets, Injection as well as injections. It narrows blood vessels around the brain. Sumatriptan also lowers substances in the body that causes migraine symptoms such as headache, nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, and other symptoms of migraine.
Uses of the drug:
This medication will only treat a migraine attack; it will not stop or reduce migraine attacks from occurring. Sumatriptan may also be given for conditions other than migraine headaches.
Working of the drug:
Sumatriptan works by stimulating the receptors of a substance known as Serotonin in the brain. This eases the various symptoms of migraine and cluster headaches.
Imigran Injection is manufactured by GSK, India. It is available on our websites in various pack sizes and you can buy Imigran Injection online from alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
Sumatriptan Injection form is available in the strengths of the active ingredients like:
- Imigran Subject -6mg/0.5ml
You can buy Imigran subject online at alldaychemist.com.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- Are allergic to Sumatriptan or any other ingredient of the drug
- Are pregnant (use it only when clearly needed). Clearly discuss the risks and benefits of the drug before using it.
- Are breastfeeding, then ask your doctor as it is still unknown that whether this medicine passes into the breast milk or not.
- Are below 18 years of age, it’s not recommended for children
- Are above 65 years of age
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have severe belly cramps
- Have or have had liver disease
- Bleeding or obstruction in the stomach and intestine
How much to take the drug?
The dosage of the drug varies according to the patient’s condition and the quantity of the drug recommended. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Also, do not take this medication after the prescribed period is over. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Refer the instructions in them for detailed information on that particular medication. Overuse of anti migraine medication will make your migraines worse.
How to take the drug?
Take Sumatriptan immediately or as soon as possible after your notice headache symptoms, or after a migraine attack has already started. You may be given this medication under medical supervision initially to check if it causes any severe side effects.It is very easy to use the auto injection device which lets you self inject the medication into your thigh or deltoid area (shoulder joint). Ask your doctor or pharmacist about how to use the auto injection device.
For how long to take it?
Ask your doctor about the time period for which the drug must be taken. Take the drug regularly until your doctor tells you to stop.
You may need urgent medical attention as you may experience problems with the rhythm of your heart. Your heartbeat may be faster or slower than usual. Even if you do not feel any signs symptoms of poisoning due to overdose go to the nearest hospital or call your doctor immediately.
Take the dose as soon as you remember, and then go back to taking it as you would normally. If it is less than 12 hours to the next dose, do not take the dose you have missed. Do not take a double dose to make up for the one that you overlooked.
Side effects of the drug:
- A serious side effect due to Sumatriptan usage is rare. However, few people may experience some serious side effects like blue colored nails, coldness in hand or feet, hearing changes, seizures, or mood changes. This medication may increase the level of serotonin in the body and rarely cause a serious condition called serotonin syndrome or toxicity. The risk of this happening increases if you take other drugs that increase serotonin.
- Call your doctor right away if you get any serious side effect due to this medication. Some of the common side effects of Sumatriptan are flushing, tingling sensation, numbness, prickling, warm feeling, chest/jaw/neck tightness, weakness, drowsiness, or giddiness.
- If any of these conditions persist or deteriorate, get immediate medical attention.
- The side effects that are listed above are not a complete set of side effects due to Sumatriptan. You may experience some other side effects.
Common drug interactions:
Some anti depressant drugs can interact with Sumatriptan. Inform your doctor if you are already taking an antidepressant such as Citalopram, Desvenlafaxine, Duloxetine, Escitalopram, Fluoxetine, Fluvoxamine, Paroxetine, Sertraline, or Venlafaxine. Also let your doctor know about all other medications and related products that you may be using. Never start a new medication without thorough medical screening and advice.
Things to remember:
- Be sure to make all your appointments with your doctor so your progress can be checked
- Avoid alcoholic beverages
- Do not give this medicine to anyone even if the symptoms are same