Out Of Stock
About the drug:
The main active ingredient Indinavir is a protease inhibitor drug, used actively against HIV or AIDS virus. This medicine is quite effective to reduce the discomfort and severity of AIDS and it is a very popular part of antiretroviral therapy.
Uses of the drug:
Indinavir is an antiviral drug that prevents the human immunodeficiency virus or HIV from multiplying in your body. This medication is prescribed for the treatment of HIV which causes the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome or AIDS. Indinavir is sold under various trade names. This medicine may also be prescribed for treatments not mentioned here.
Working of the drug:
Indinavir directly attacks the functional mechanism of the virus. An enzyme, HIV-1 protease is a necessary part of the proteolytic cleavage of the viral protein precursors so that it is converted into functional proteins required by infectious HIV-1. The drug Indinavir works by binding to the active site of the protease enzyme and thus inhibits the activity of the enzyme.
Indinavir 400 mg tablet is manufactured by Merck, Italy. You can buy Indinavir 400 mg online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the tablet form in the following strength on our website:
- Indinavir tablets 400 mg
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to this drug or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- Are pregnant, take all the medicine for HIV prescribed by the doctor, to prevent the spread of HIV to the unborn baby.
- Are breastfeeding or planning to breast feed
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have blood pressure kidney problems
- Have serious liver problem
- Have serious heart complaint
How much to take the drug?
The dosage may depend on a range of factors like age, sex, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Your dosage will be determined by your doctor after examining you properly.
How to take the drug?
- Swallow the tablet with one glass full of water. Do not break the tablet. Take the drug exactly as directed. Take the medicine with or without food, or as directed by your doctor. HIV is usually treated with a combination of drugs. Always take the prescribed drugs as directed by your doctor. The drug comes with a warning card that lists the symptoms of allergic reactions. Read this card and carry if always with you. Store this medication in a cool and dry place. You can buy Indinavir 400 online at alldaychemist.com.
- Take the tablet at the same time each day, so as to avoid forgetting the dose. This should become a habit for you to take the tablet until the doctor tells you to stop the drug.
For how long to take it?
This drug controls the multiplication of HIV but does not cure the problem. Take the drugs as long as your doctor recommends you to take it. .
If you feel any alarming symptoms then immediately consult the doctor about this drug and its possible side effects of over dosage. If the situation worsens then visit the nearest healthcare center or call the emergency helpline number.
In case you forget to take the dose, skip the dose and take the next dose on the recommended time period. Do not double up the dose for the missed one.
Side effects of the drug:
Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any of the following:
- Stuffy nose
- Muscle pain
- Unexplained weight loss
- Joint pain
- Vision changes
- Skin rashes, hives and itching
In such cases you must go for immediate medical help. Do not get alarmed by the list. You may /may not experience all of them. Tell your doctor immediately in the above situations.
Common drug interactions:
Ask your doctor to get the full list of the drugs needed to be avoided while taking the drug as they may interfere it and can worsen the situation. Your doctor is fully aware of the drug to be avoided. Also tell him about the herbal or OTC medicine that you are taking or you have been taking. Never start a new medicine without the information of doctor. You can get life threatening side effects if you take Indinavir with Alfuzosin, Amiodarone, Lovastatin, Midazolam, Quinidine, Pimozide, Rifampin, Sildenafil, Simvastatin, St. John’s Wort, Triazolam, or an ergot medicine like Dihydroergotamine, Egonovine, Ergotamine,or Methyergonovine.
Things to remember:
- Discuss them with your doctor and clear all doubts which you may have about this drug
- Store this medication in a cool and dry place
- Never start a new medication without consulting your doctor first