Iopar SR 250mg
Iopar SR - 250mg
Out Of Stock
About the drug:
The active ingredient of the drug is Acetazolamide. It is mainly used in the treatment of glaucoma.
Uses of the drug:
The drug is a is a carbonic anhydrase (which is s a type of body protein) inhibitor that lowers the activity of the protein. It is mainly prescribed in the treatment of glaucoma, acute mountain sickness as well as treats congestive heart failure and seizure disorders.
Working of the drug:
The medicine works by reducing the amount of fluid that can build up in the eye and thereby increase intraocular pressure
The manufacturer of Iopar SR - 250mg is Lupin, India. You can purchase Iopar SR - 250mg online also.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the tablet form in the following strength
- Iopar SR - 250mg
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug or to any other ingredients.
- Are pregnant, planning to be pregnant or breast feeding your baby.
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are suffering from lung, kidney or heart disease.
- Are taking any other medicine
- Are allergic to any medicine
- Are suffering from any other ailments
How much to take the drug?
The recommended dose will be fixed by your doctor after examining you thoroughly. There are several factors which he needs to consider such as age, weight, severity of condition, response to treatment, drug interaction and so on before deciding on the correct dose. You should take only the recommended dose and not exceed the dose.
How to take the drug?
The medicine is to be taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not alter the dose in any way either by duration or by amount. The medicine needs to be taken by mouth with the help of a glass of water. Taking it with food is better as it prevents any stomach upset.
For how long to take it?
The medicine is to be taken for the entire prescribed period of time and should not be stopped in between as it may lead to adverse effect in the body.
In case of overdose of the medicine you must get in touch with your doctor as soon as you can. Overdoes of the medicine should be avoided as it may lead to several side effects.
In case of missed dose you must take the medicine as soon as you remember provided there is sufficient gap between two doses. Never double dose to compensate for the missed dose. Take the medicine at the same time each day so that one does not forget to take the medicine.
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the common side effects of the medicine include:
- Light headedness
- Increased urination
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Stomach upset
- Appetite loss
Such side effects may subside after some time. However, if the side effects persist or become serious then you need to visit your doctor as soon as you can.
Some of the serious side effects of the medicine include:
- Hearing loss
- Increase body hair
- Ringing in ears
- Persistent nausea
- Unusual tiredness
- Severe stomach pain
In case of the above side effects you must get medical attention immediately. The above list is not the complete list of side effects that may happen. There may be other side effects as well.
Common drug interactions:
Some of the medicines may interact with Acetazolamide and affect the working of the medicine. Some of the drugs which may interact with Acetazolamide are:
- Magnesium salicylates
- Choline salicylates
This is not a complete list of drugs that may interact with Acetazolamide. There may be other medicines as well. Tell your doctor about the medicines that you are taking currently including the medicines that you are allergic to so that he can check for possible drug interaction.
Things to remember:
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose specified and not for any other purpose.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry pace away from heat, light and moisture.
- Take extra care while doing any activity that requires high level of attention such as driving or operating heavy machinery as the medicine may make you feel dizzy or drowsy.
- Do not use medicine post expiry date.
- Before taking the medicine it is essential to follow all the precaution mentioned by your doctor and take the medicine in the prescribed dose.