Jalra 50 +500 mg
Jalra 50 + 500 mg
Out Of Stock
|Generic Name||Vildagliptin + Metformin|
|Manufacturer||USV Ltd., India|
About the drug:
Vildagliptin and Metform are two antihyperglycemic agents with different mode of actions to improve glycemic control in patients with type II diabetes. The first active ingredient, Metformin is a member of the biguanide class, whereas Vildagliptin, the second active constituent belongs to the class of the DPP-4 (dipeptidyl-peptidase-4) inhibitors. Both the ingredients are combined together and is available in the form of Jalra tablets.
Uses of the drug:
The combination medicine of Vildagliptin and Metformin indicated for the treatment of patients with type II diabetes whose health condition cannot be controlled by diet and exercise alone. Both the drugs work together and help to control glucose levels in the blood. Such drugs are also known as oral antidiabetics.
Working of the drug:
The exact mode of action of this combination drug is not known, but it has been shown to reduce glucose absotbtion from the gastrointestinal tract, reduce glucogenesis and enhance insulin sensitivity by increasing peripheral glucose uptake and utilization.
Jalra 50+500 (Vidagliptin and Metformin) is manufactured by USV Limited, India, one of the well known pharmaceutical companies in India. To buy Jalra 50+500 mg online, visit alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
The combination medicine of Vildagliptin and Metformin is supplied in the form of tablets in the following strengths:
- Jalra 50+500 mg
- Jalra 50+1000 mg
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- Are hypersensitive to Vildagliptin, Metformin, or other inactive components of the medicine
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have type 1 diabetes
- Have problems related to your kidney
- Are an elderly person
- Have high blood sugar level
- Are a patient with hepatic impairment
- Have ever suffered from cardiac failure
- Are suffering from skin disorders
- Are suffering from acute pancreatitis
- Are pregnant or a nursing mother
How much to take the drug?
Your doctor will be the right person who will tell you exactly how many tablets you need to take. So, it is important to always listen to the doctor.
How to take the drug?
The medicine should be taken twice a day in the morning and evening. Your doctor will recommend its doses depending on how you respond to the treatment. Follow your doctor’s instructions as they may differ from the information given in this document. In case, you do not understand the directions mentioned on the label of the medicine, ask your doctor for help.
For how long to take it?
Take the medicine every day for as long as your doctor tells you. You may have to continue with this treatment over a long period of time. Do not stop taking it unless your doctor tells you to. If you have any doubt how long to continue with this medicine, talk your doctor straight away.
If you accidentally take too many Jalra tablets, contact your doctor or visit your nearest healthcare center immediately.
If a scheduled daily dose of Jalra is missed, the dose should be taken as soon as you remember, unless it is almost time for your next dose. Always remember, two doses should not be taken together.
Side effects of the drug:
The following side effects may occur while using this combination drug:
- Muscle aches
- Mild paresthesia
Common drug interactions:
Tell your doctor if you are taking or might take any of the following medicines:
- Thyroid medicines
- Thiazides or other diuretics
- Medicines that affect the nervous system
Things to remember:
- Diabetic skin lesions are a common problem in diabetic patients. Follow your doctor’s instructions for skin and foot care that are recommended by your doctor. The patient is also advised to pay attention to the onset of blisters or ulcers during the treatment with Jalra. Consult your doctor right away if these occur.
- Do not store Jalra tablets in the bathroom or near a sink. Also, do not leave it on the windowsills or in the car.