|Generic Name||Ketotifen Fumarate|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.37||US$ 11.00|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.29||US$ 17.5020%US$ 22.00|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.24||US$ 22.0033%US$ 33.00|
About the drug:
Ketotifen Fumarate belongs to the classes of medicines called asthma prophylactics and anti allergies. It is mainly used as prophylaxis for bronchial asthma. It is also used in treating allergic rhinitis, conjunctivitis etc.
Uses of the drug:
The medicine is used primarily for the preventive treatment of bronchial asthma particularly in children with mild atopic asthma. The medicine is used for preventive treatment and has to be used on a continuous basis. It can however not be used to relieve symptoms of asthma attack.
The medicine is also used to treat allergic reactions such as allergic rhinitis which is defined as inflammation of the mucous membranes in the nose, to relieve symptoms such as runny itchy nose, nasal congestion, sneezing, tearing, red, itchy, puffy eyes and also to treat conjunctivitis.
Working of the drug:
the medicine contains the active ingredient Ketotifen Fumarate which has anti-allergy properties and can be used as non-bronchodilator anti-asthmatic medication, prophylaxis for asthma as well as some allergies. Ketotifen Fumarate works by preventing the body's release of a chemical known as histamine which produces allergy symptoms such as runny nose, watery eyes and sneezing.
Ketasma is manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. The drugs are available on our website under various pack sizes. To buy Ketasma-1 mg online visit alldaychemist.com
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug is available in the form of tablet under the following brand name and strength on our website:
- Ketasma-1 mg
Buy Ketasma 1 mg online at discounted price.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
Are allergic to the main ingredient Ketotifen Fumarate or any other ingredient of the drug.
- Are pregnant or planning to be pregnant soon
- Are breastfeeding your baby.
- Are children below the age of 3
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have liver or kidney disease
- Have epilepsy
Are taking other medicines which may interact with Ketotifen Fumarate.
How much to take the drug?
The recommended dose for a person depends upon his age, severity of condition, interaction with other medicines and also the purpose for which he is being treated. The usual dose is 1 or 2 mg once or twice a day. If the patient is a child above the age of 3 years then the usual dose is 1 mg twice a day.
How to take the drug?
The drug is to be swallowed with water after you have taken you meals. Take the medicine as a whole and do not crush or break it into pieces.
For how long to take it?
The medicine is to be taken for the entire length of time as prescribed by your doctor. You should not stop the medicine mid way as that increases the chance of the infection not getting cured properly which might result in complication later. How long you have to take the dose depends on what you are being treated for. Usually the person is able to feel the difference within 4-6 weeks but should continue with the tablets for at least 2-3 months as prescribed by your doctor.
In case of overdose of the medicine you must contact your doctor immediately. If there is an overdose you may face the symptoms such as nystagmus, headache, confusion, drowsiness, disorientation, tachycardia, hyperexcitability or convulsions, hypotension, Bradycardia and respiratory depression etc.
Take the missed dose as soon as you notice and skip the dose if the time for the next dose is near and then continue with the regular schedule. You must not double the dose to compensate for the missed one.
Side effects of the drug:
- The most common side effects after taking the medicine include drowsiness, dizziness, feeling hyperactive, difficulty sleeping, irritable or nervous dry mouth, and cystitis. Such side effects may occur at the beginning of the treatment but generally fades away.
- Some time serious side effects such as CNS stimulation , Weight gain, and severe skin reactions may also happen.
- This is not a complete list of side effects and there may be other side effects as well. It is essential to get medical attention when the common side effects persist for long and also when some serious side effects take place.
Common drug interactions:
The medicine may potentiate the effects of hypnotics, sedatives, alcohol and antihistamines. Hence those taking the medicine should be careful and not take charge of any activity that requires alertness. Drugs that may interact with the medicines are oral antidiabetic medicine, sedatives, or other sedating antihistamines.
It is advisable to share all your current medicine details with your doctor so that he can decide whether there will be any drug interaction or not.
Things to remember:
- It is advisable not to drink alcohol while you are taking the medicine as you may feel drowsy and it can lead to accidents.
- It is also to be noted that eating grapefruit or grapefruit juice can result in adverse affect too.
- The medicine should be stored in a cool and dry place away from heat and moisture. It should be kept away from the children.
- You must take the medicine for the full length of the treatment. In case it is necessary to withdraw this medicine it is necessary to do so progressively over a period of 2 to 4 weeks.
- You must not share the medicine with anyone even though they suffer from the same symptoms.