Out Of Stock
About the drug:
The medicine belongs to a class of drugs called beta agonists. The drug is used in treatment of lungs inflammation, asthma, and constriction of airways along with several other problems. It may be used either alone or in combination with other drugs for treatment. The main ingredient of the drug is Levosalbutamol.
Uses of the drug:
The medicine is mainly used to either prevent or treat bronchospasm i.e. constriction of airways that is caused due to breathing difficulties in case of disease such as asthma, or some cases of chronic bronchitis. It is also used in treating lungs inflammation and constriction of airways.
Working of the drug:
The medicine works by relaxing the muscles in the walls of the airway, opening them up and thereby easing out breathing.
Levolin is manufactured by Cipla. The drugs are available on our website under various pack sizes. To buy Levolin 1 mg online visit alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug is available in the form of tablets under the following brand name and strength on our website:
- Levolin 1 mg
Nuy Levolin 1 mg online at discounted price.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- Are pregnant or planning to be pregnant
- Are breast feeding your baby unless otherwise prescribed by your doctor.
- Are allergic to the main ingredient Levosalbutamol or any other ingredients of the drug.
- Are a child below the age of 4
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have high blood pressure
- Have heart disease
- Are suffering from any other disease and thereby taking any other medicines also
- Are prone to allergic reactions
How much to take the drug?
The recommended doses will be fixed by your doctor after examining you thoroughly and also after consideration of several factors. For adolescents above 12 and for adults the recommended dose is usually 1-2 mg three times a day. For children between the age group 6-11, the recommended dose is 1 mg three times daily.
How to take the drug?
The tablet needs to be taken by mouth with the help of water. Follow the instruction of your doctor while taking the medicine.
For how long to take it?
You must take the medicine for the entire prescribed period. For proper working of the medicine it is advisable not to stop the medicine mid way and to complete the full course.
In case of overdose you must visit your doctor immediately who will take appropriate action so as to avoid any serious side effects. Some of the common symptoms of overdose include nervousness, headache, nausea, dizziness, tremor, tachycardia, fatigue, and sleeplessness.
If you miss a dose then you must take it as soon as you remember. Do not take the missed dose if the next dose is near and follow the original schedule instead.
Side effects of the drug:
The common side effects that may occur when using the medicine include:
- Muscle cramps
Visit your physician if you face any of the below serious side effects:
- Fast or pounding heartbeat
- Chest pain
- Body ache
- Leg cramps
- Allergic reactions such as hives, difficulty in swallowing
- Feeling of weakness
- Muscle pain
- Uncontrollable movements of any part of the body
This is not a complete list of side effects that may happen. There may be some other side effects as well.
Common drug interactions:
It is advisable to provide your doctor with a list of medicines that you are taking currently so as to avoid drug interaction. When drug interaction happens it increases or decreases the activity of the medicine. Here is a list of medicine that may interact with Levosalbutamol:
This is not a complete list of medicines that may interact. There are other medicines too.
Things to remember:
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if they are suffering from the same symptoms.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry place away from heat, light and moisture and also away from children.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose for which it has been prescribed by your doctor and not for any other purpose.
- It is essential to monitor blood potassium levels regularly as use of Levosalbutamol may cause fall in blood potassium level.